Saturday, April 30, 2016

(The Worst) Monthly Wrap Up + May TBR


   This month was perhaps the worst reading month I've had in my history of reading. EVER! I just want to move onto May and never look back.

   But after today, it's a brand new month and a chance to start over. And I plan to add more New Adult to my TBR...

What I Read


Walk The Edge by Katie McGarry: ★ ★ ★ 

   This was the only book I finished for this month and it was not all the greatest despite the fact that I gave it 4 stars. The reason behind that rating is because it was such a quick and enjoyable read. But it was not the most amazing and memorable book out there.


What I'm STILL Reading


  •  69% into City of Bones by Cassandra Clare and this has got to be one of the most boring books I've ever read. I'm completely heart broken because I really wanted to love this. I may or may not give the second book a chance... Because at the moment I'm on the verge of DNFing.
  • 47% into Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. I'm also on the verge of DNFing this too. But let it be known that this is the second time I try this. I'm just not into the whole heist plot even though I do like the characters.
  • 38% into Confess by Colleen Hoover. I'm not exactly sure where the story is going and not sure if I even care. And it makes me want to cry because I love Colleen's books so whyyy?!

Books I Wish To Read In May

   I don't to officially call this my monthly TBR because it makes it sounds more like a commitment. But these are some of the books I hope to read this month


   This time I can reassure you that I will have an amazing month because...
  •  I loved the first book to A Court of Mist and Fury so I know I'm going to LOVE it!! 
  • I always seem to love JLA's YA books and super excited about TPWF.
  • I really enjoyed the books by Krista & Becca Ritchie and I want to continue the series.

 




   May or may not finish all of these. And I may also pick up other novels because that's just how big of a mood reader I am. 


Blog Posts I Wrote






   Very sad that I hardly even posted this month. This was just a terrible blogging and reading month altogether for me. But at least I'm happy with the posts I did publish. Quality over quantity!



What did you read for the month of April? And what are you planning on reading in May?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...