Saturday, February 7, 2015

Stacking The Shelves: ALA Midwinter Edition

   Stacking The Shelves is a weekly meme, hosted by Tynga's Reviews. It's all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves; books you buy in physical stores or online; books you borrow from friends or the library, gifts, and  e-books!


   Here are all the books I was able to acquire at ALA. And I'm in love!! I think I pretty much got all the books that I wanted that are coming out this year.

   I think I'm set for life!! Just kidding. But with the amount of physical books I own that I haven't read (around 200), I'll be good for the next 3 years I think. On average, I read about 50 books a year. I set a goal to read 65 books this year. Hopefully I can read it.

For Review/Won:


   I got Ice Kissed for review and I'm super excited about it because I really loved the first book in that series. Then I won The Darkest Part of the Forest and Afterparty!!

  • Ice Kissed by Amanda Hocking. ARC | Goodreads
  • The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black | Goodreads
  • Afterparty by Ann Redisch Stampler | Goodreads

ALA Midwinter Galore:


  I got two posters, pin buttons, bookmarks, Fairest pin-looking mirror, and these cute post-its.




  I got 5 tote bags!! I finally have the Harper Teen/Epic Reads tote bag. The nice booth lady gave me two. And then there was a cute Penguin Random House bag that has the image of a library card!! I asked for the Scholastic booth lady if they had their "I Read YA" tote bag because I saw someone carrying it, but they sadly ran out. I was mad at myself for not asking earlier but I didn't think they were going to have them :/



Then I picked up a lot of cool galleys. Most of which I really really wanted!!


  • Proof of Forever by Lexa Hillyer | Goodreads
  • Last Year's Mistake by Gina Ciocca | Goodreads
  • The Stars Never Rise by Rachel Vincent | Goodreads
  • The Girl At Midnight by Melissa Grey | Goodreads
  • Magonia by  Maria Dahvana Headley | Goodreads
  • A Wicked Thing by Rhiannon Thomas | Goodreads

  • We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach | Goodreads
  • The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury | Goodreads
  • Illusionarium by Heather Dixon | Goodreads
  • 99 Days by Katie Cotugno | Goodreads
  • All The Bright Place by Jennifer Niven | Goodreads
  • Anomaly by Tonya Kuper | Goodreads
  • Tangled Webs by Lee Bross | Goodreads
  • A Cold Legacy by Megan Shepherd | Goodreads
  • Legacy of Kings by Eleanor Herman | Goodreads
  • The Replaced by Kimberly Derting | Goodreads
  • The Walled City by Ryan Graudin | Goodreads
  • Caged In Winter by Brighton Walsh | Goodreads

  • The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows | Goodreads
  • Tear You Apart by Sarah Cross | Goodreads
  • A Darker Shade of Magic by Victoria Schwab | Goodreads
  • A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas | Goodreads
  • The Cage by Megan Shepherd | Goodreads
  • Red Queen by Victoria Queen | Goodreads

 
  •  The Wrath & The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh | Goodreads
  • Seeker by Arwen Elys Dayton | Goodreads
  • The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker | Goodreads



  • We Were Liars by E. Lockhard | Goodreads
  • The Night We Said Yes by Lauren Gibaldi | Goodreads
  • Her Dark Curiosity by Megan Shepherd | Goodreads




  • Daughter of Deep Silence by Carrie Ryan | Goodreads
  • The Remedy by Suzanne Young. | Goodreads
  • Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins | Goodreads
  • Mademoiselle Channel by C.W. Gortner | Goodreads
  • Extraordinary Means by Robyn Schneider | Goodreads
  • Kissing In America by Margo Rabb | Goodreads
  • Better When He's Bold by Jay Crownover | Goodreads
  • Invaded by Melissa Landers | Goodreads
  • Immaculate by Katelyn Detweiler | Goodreads

I'd also appreciate if you can go and comment on this video and give it a thumbs up!!



Big Thanks To:
Harper Collins
Penguin Random House
Egmont USA
Bloomsbury Publishing
Macmillian
Simon and Schuster
Scholastic
Disney Hyperion
Tor Teen
Entangled Teen
Harlequin Teen
Little, Brown and Company


I know that that was A LOT of books and I did say I was on a book buying ban. Technically I didn't buy any of these. So that's it!! Have you read any of these? Are you anticipating them? Comment down below with all your thoughts. I'd also love to know if you went to ALA :)

Also if you want to know more about my experience at ALA, here's my recap of it: Click here

22 comments:

  1. Looks like you really loaded up at ALA. I hope you enjoy all these amazing books you got. Court of Thorns and Roses looks amazing. I hope you love all of them.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Yes I wanted to get more but there wasn't enough space :/

      Delete
  2. This is such an AMAZING haul!! I really really really want to read Red Queen!! It looks amazing! I have had Rebel Belle on my list for quite a while, but I need to get my hands on a copy. I have read We Were Liars which was ok, but I was a tad disappointed. Happy reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I really want to read Red Queen too!! I can't wait to get to it :D

      Delete
  3. Oh my, that's a beautiful and big haul, Karina! Some of these I own too, Tear You Apart is on my kindle, and I really need to read it, Last Year's Mistake looks good!
    I hope you'll enjoy all of these when you find the time to read them :)
    have a great weekend and happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D I hope to get to many of them this year!!

      Delete
  4. I had seen your video so knew there were a lot of books! I wish I was you :/ I want most of the books you got i hope you enjoy them! If you lived near, we could have gone to see Fifty Shades :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what an amazing haul! There are so many books here that I'm looking forward to reading! Hope you enjoy your books ;)

    You can check out my STS here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I have them all, please? Haha, these all look so amazing. I hope you enjoy your haul!

    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If shipping wasn't that pricey, I would definitely do a big giveaway lol. Maybe I will for my blogoversary ;)

      Delete
  7. WOW! I am sooo jealous of that haul!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kind of happy but then I hate myself for having so many amazing books. Because I still have no idea which I want to read first!! But thanks :)

      Delete
  8. Ooooh wow! All those amazing books! So many of these are on my must-read list for this year. I just started ACOTAR last night, and it's AMAZING so far, hope you love it, too! Hope you enjoy all your new books, and have a great week :)

    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh!!! I desperately want to start it too but I need to get to other books first :) Hope you enjoy it all the way to the end.

      Delete
  9. Oooh, nice haul! I wish I could steal some of these... ha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am speechless! Also, jealous haha. If I could steal just a few, it'd have to be The Cage, We All Looked Up, Immaculate, The Wrath and the Dawn, and ACOTAR. You can keep the rest. For now. ;) But in seriousness, I do hope you enjoy these, such an epic book haul!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow you got all the books, I’m jealous! All of your totes are beautiful as well. Sometimes living in Australia makes me so sad that I don’t get to go to great events. Thanks for the epic haul!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so jealous of the people that get to go to these. One day I'll go..Nice haul

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...