Saturday, July 30, 2016

Monthly TBR: ARC August & Read Them All Thon

I'm still alive!!!!!

   I know I haven't posted anything this month because I have a mad case of blogger burn out. But I'm really excited for August because there's going to be two challenges to help me catch up on reading.

   Apparently I'm 18 books behind my Goodreads reading challenge. But I've decided not to think about it and just go at my pace which is ridiculously slow. I don't know how many people can read 200 books a year!

   I used to be able to read around 13 books a month and this year, I've struggled to even read at least 5 books a month. It's sad because this year books have either been a hit or miss. Not many favorites. Even though I enjoy some books, there aren't many touching or memorable ones I've read.

   Please book gods, let me LOVE the books in August!!!

   I'm crossing my fingers that ARC August, where we read advance reading copies all month long, will motivate me to read as well as the Pokemon Read Them All Thon.

   I made sure to pick books that matched both reading challenges so I'm mostly reading ARCs but there are some finished books.


And without further a do, here is my TBR for this month...



E-Books:


E-ARCs:

    There's a couple releases I didn't include such as A Torch Against The Night because I want to have a realistic TBR here. Even though it kills me not to include it!

   May or may not get to it since it comes out at the very end of August.



   I'm also going to be participating in the Pokemon Read Them All Thon, hosted by Aentee from Read At Midnight

   It's so cool because the way the Pokemon theme works is there are book challenges that match with the Indigo League badges. For example, once I finish a book that focuses on diversity, I will earn the rainbow badge from Celadon city. 

   Get to reading those books and we'll earn all the Indigo League badges!!


   If we want to get more involved in the readathon, we can select a Pokemon. When we read 10 pages, finish a book, tweet our progress, or review a book, we'll gain a certain amount of CP. 

   Our Pokemon can then evolve when we have 150 CP (combat power) and whoever ends up with the highest CP will be the Pokemon League Champion and win a prize that's to be announced!


   Hope that makes sense and I'll be leaving the sign up post above so you can check it out for yourself.

The Badge Challenges and The Books I Will Read...

1. Pewter Gym: The First Book In A Series

Nevernight by Jay Kristoff

448 pages = potential +44CP

2. Cerulean Gym: A Book That Might Make You Cry

Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan 

448 pages = potential +44CP


3. Vermillion Gym: A Book With Thunderous Hype

The Sun Is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon

344 pages = potential +34CP


4. Celadon Gym: A Book That Focuses on Diversity

When The Moon Was Ours by Anna Marie McLemore

288 pages = potential +28CP


5. Fuschia Gym: A Book With A Great Romance

You Before Anyone Else by Julie Cross & Mark Perini 

400 pages = potential +40CP


6. Saffron Gym: A Book With Fantasy/Supenatural Elements

Bound by Blood and Sand by Becky Allen 

304 pages = potential +30CP


7. Cinnabar Gym: A Book With A Red Cover

The Weight of Feathers by Anna Marie McLemore

320 pages = potential +32CP


8. Viridian Gym: A Book With Post-Apocalyptic Setting

Arcana Rising by Kresley Cole

??? pages = ??CP


Here's My Trainer Card and my Pokemon 😎


I need to read all my books so I can evolve my Dratini into Dragonair and Dragonite!! I want be the very best... Like no one ever was!!!



Who's joining either of these challenges for August? It's going to be so much fun!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...