Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #4: Don't Look Back

Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Release Date: April 15, 2014
Format: Hardcover, 372 pages
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion

Synopsis from Goodreads:


Samantha is a stranger in her own life. Until the night she disappeared with her best friend, Cassie, everyone said Sam had it all-popularity, wealth, and a dream boyfriend. 

Sam has resurfaced, but she has no recollection of who she was or what happened to her that night. As she tries to piece together her life from before, she realizes it's one she no longer wants any part of. The old Sam took "mean girl" to a whole new level, and it's clear she and Cassie were more like best enemies.
Sam is pretty sure that losing her memories is like winning the lottery. She's getting a second chance at being a better daughter, sister, and friend, and she's falling hard for Carson Ortiz, a boy who has always looked out for her-even if the old Sam treated him like trash. 

But Cassie is still missing, and the facts about what happened to her that night isn't just buried deep inside of Sam's memory-someone else knows, someone who wants to make sure Sam stays quiet. All Sam wants is the truth, and if she can unlock her clouded memories of that fateful night, she can finally move on. But what if not remembering is the only thing keeping Sam alive?

I don't really know much about this book but I do know that it's written by Jennifer L. Armentrout and I FREAKING LOVE all her books. Plus I've heard that this is her best book of all time according to another fellow blogger. I'm really interested in the part that Sam used to treat Carson harshly and now she's falling for him. YIKES! And then I don't understand why he always "looked out" for her if she mistreated him. I need this!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for this one!! Hope you enjoy it :) great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! Sooooo cannot wait to read this either! Love her previous paranormal YA books. And I loooove a good thriller/mystery on occasion and since it's JLA it's a sure win! Already preordered my copy!!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Written by JLA....enough for me to know I NEED this book lol. I love her so much she is such a talented writer. YAY this book will be out soon =)
    New bloglovin follower
    Here's my WOW
    http://bookstothetea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...