Sunday, October 11, 2015

BBCreativity Project (Yellow Team): Quiet YA

   Hi everyone!! Today I will be bringing you my post for the Book Blogger Creativity Project that was created by Nori at Read Write Love28 to bring bloggers together and create ideas for what we could post on our blogs. We were sorted into teams. I was put into the lovely Yellow team and we all voted on what we wanted to post. 

   My team decided on Quiet YA(underrated books). We've all chosen a book to highlight that we all think deserves more love and attention.

   The book I decided to feature is...

See Me by Wendy Higgins

Date Published: March 17, 2014
Publisher: Self-published
Series: Standalone
Purchase Links:
Amazon / Barnes and Noble / Book Depository

Add To Goodreads

While most seventeen-year-old American girls would refuse to let their parents marry them off to a stranger, Robyn Mason dreams of the mysterious McKale in Ireland, wondering how he’ll look and imagining his cute Irish accent. Prearranged bindings are common for magical families like her own, however when she travels to the whimsical Emerald Isle she discovers there’s more to her betrothal and McKale’s clan than she was led to believe.

What starts as an obligatory pairing between Robyn and McKale morphs over time into something they both need. But one giant obstacle stands in the way of their budding romance: a seductive and deadly Fae princess accustomed to getting what she wants—and what she wants is McKale as her plaything. Love, desire, and jealousies collide as Robyn’s family and McKale’s clan must work together to outsmart the powerful Faeries and preserve the only hope left for their people.
   First of all, look at that GORGEOUS COVER!! It actually got revamped from the original cover. And while I did love the first one, this one is on a whole new level! It will surely draw more attention.

   And from the moment I heard Wendy was writing it, I was so ready for it!! The idea of an arranged marriage was something I've never read about. I've been searching for YA books that had the concept and I've never been successful. It was well played in this story.

   Also it's set in IRELAND!!


   It's just a stunning place that I'd love to be in!!


   I mean come on... Doesn't it make you want to read this book now?!


   And who doesn't love a guy with an accent?!! McKale and Ronan will still your heart! Don't worry, there's no love triangle.

   Anyone will just fly through See Me. I read it in one sitting because it was that good. And ever since then, I've re-read it many times that I've lost count. It's very re-readable. And that's something I don't really do with many books.

   I absolutely loved Wendy's retelling of leprechauns. It was such an interested take on the Irish myth. And there's not much of it in YA. Or at least, not that I've read.

  There's actually a slight chance that there could be a sequel with Robyn's sister. And I really hope so so that I can stop dreaming about Robyn's sister and her love interest. And let me just say that it wouldn't be YA. It'd be like NA. 

 Don't tell me you guys haven't done that with your OTP?

   And even though See Me is young adult, there are some pretty sexy scenes that just have me in awe!! Why can't it be more mature?!! WHY?!!

   But honestly, if you ever need a very quick read, See Me is for you!! And you won't know what to do with yourself afterwards. Wendy Higgins has never failed me with any of her books. She sure knows how to deliver the best written romances! I'll never tire of her writing. If you really love fantasy, you've come to the right place!

Check out my 5 star review on See Me for more of my thoughts!


Be sure to check out all the posts from my team!!


Nori from Read Write Love 28

  Stefani from Caught Read Handed 

 C.J. from Sarcasm And Lemons

 Lauren from Live, Love, Read



The Book Jar

What do you guys think of See Me? Have you read it or heard about it?!

10 comments:

  1. I loved Wendy Higgins' Sweet Trilogy so I'm dying to read this. Accents and Ireland = YASS. Oh, and that cover is so gorgeous!

    ~Cari @ My Addiction: Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear you loved her Sweet Trilogy!! She's one of my favorite authors out there and you'll definitely enjoy this too :D

      Delete
  2. Oooh love your pick and LOVE the topic! Quiet YA is a thing that everyone needs to get on board with! Ireland = YES and this books sounds really good. I'll definitely be looking into it!

    Also, I am currently running two Giveaways! Click here for Hanna Peach’s ‘Girl Wife Prisoner’, and here for Garrett Calcaterra’s ‘Dreamwielder’! Good luck!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! And yup, there's so many books that deserve more attention then they get. Yes to Ireland!! It'll make you want to live there lol.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow I did not know this was a thing. I might check this one out because I've never read anything by Higgins but I've heard her books are truly amazing and a great ride :D

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :O You should definitely check all her books out!! They're completely brilliant and I've actually given all her books 5 stars because she never fails to wow me :D

      Delete
  4. I've never read a Wendy Higgins before (her Great Hunt will be my first actually) but I do know books set in IReland are pretty awesome :D Quiet YA sounds like such a great topic!!! :D

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'M DYING FOR THE GREAT HUNT!!! I'm actually getting it this Monday since I managed to trade for it. And I'm just so happy now!!

      Delete
  5. I am definitely going to check this one out! I have heard good things about Wendy Higgins and I trust any recommendation from you, Karina!

    Jamie @ Books and Ladders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you for trusting my recommendations!! That's so sweet of you to say. I hope you enjoy her books when you get the chance to check them out :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...