Saturday, October 31, 2015

Stacking The Shelves: Boo To Very Little Book Mail

Stacking The Shelves is a weekly meme, hosted by Tynga's Reviews. It's all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves; books you buy in physical stores or online; books you borrow from friends or the library, gifts, and e-books!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

   By the time you're reading this, I'll probably be marathoning horror/Halloween movies. Or perhaps Roswell because I got a big urge to watch it since I love aliens!!

   This month has been very slow with book mail. That makes me a very sad book nerd. But what can I expect when I haven't really requested or bought anything? Book buying ban is going great so far!! It helps when there aren't any new releases I'm excited about. Good thing too because next year will be crazy packed with so many books I want.

   But I am trying to save my money since BEA is coming!! I actually applied for the Press Pass. If it all goes well, I could attend for free. I'm really nervous about it though.

   Now let's get on to the books I got this month...



   You guys have no idea how excited I was when I got Blackhearts and Truthwitch!!! I actually stared at my iPod's screen for like several seconds when I got accepted for Blackhearts because it didn't feel real. And waking up with Truthwitch on my kindle was completely surreal.

   I already read Blackhearts because I couldn't wait. It turned out to be so much more than I could ever hope for. I'm dying for the next book!! Add it to Goodreads. It's an amazing (PRE-PIRATE) origin story of the famous pirate, Blackbeard.

   I was so happy when I found Unspoken in my mail box because it was the last book in the Shadow Falls: After Dark series. Unfortunately, it didn't live up to my expectations which I'll explain in my review.


   I won a prize pack of C.C. Hunter's Unspoken swag. It was so cool even if I didn't really love Unspoken. The shirt is too big for me but hopefully it will shrink because I love it!!

   I also got a chapter sampler of a debut called A Study In Charlotte which I already read and I'm so excited for it! I think I might cut out the part that says Exclusive Sneak Peak so I can add it to a swag poster I'm planning on making. You need to add it to Goodreads!! Fans of Sherlock Holmes will love it.

   Those magnetic bookmarks are the only things that I didn't win except for one. I made the Totoro one and the blonde next to him. The rest I bought from the Etsy store called Happy Hello Co. They're very cute but too expensive for me when they're smaller than expected. That's why I'm just going to draw my own and add the little magnets to them.


   I was also EXTREMELY happy when I saw that I won an arc of The Star Touched Queen. The cover was just revealed this past Wednesday and it's so gorgeous. I haven't gotten it yet since the arcs haven't been made. But when it's dropped in my mail, you better believe I'm reading it in an instant!! 

   The story is basically described as a Hades and Persephone romance with Indian mythology. Add it to Goodreads!!


   I was such a fangirl when I was able to trade for The Great Hunt because Wendy Higgins is one of my favorite authors OF ALL TIME!! I've given all her books five stars because they're that good. For that very reason, it also terrifies me that this could disappoint me. I really hope I love it.


   I got these really cool maps that have a letter on the other side!! The author, Heidi, was having a contest and I was lucky enough to win. She was also giving them away to the first people that sent her proof that we've pre-ordered her book.

   They're the coolest swag I've ever seen especially since I love maps <3. And I'm really looking forward to Heidi's debut novel, The Girl From Everywhere. There's a time traveling ship and pirates Add it to Goodreads!!

   I got this cool Six Of Crows poster along with that page-sized bookplate when I preordered the book. It completely caught me off guard because I didn't expect it to be so big. I absolutely love it and I'm about to start reading the book!!

What did you guys get for the month of October? Any Halloween plans today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...