Wednesday, November 11, 2015

REVIEW: Amour Amour by Krista & Becca Ritchies

Amour Amour by Krista & Becca Ritchie

Publication Date: December 12, 2014
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance, 
Series: Standalone :(
Love is a circus

"Every day,” he says lowly, “I hold a person’s life in my hands. The circus is based one-hundred percent off trust. I give it all to someone, and they give it all to me.”

The best aerial technique won’t land 21-year-old Thora James her dream role in Amour—a sexy new acrobatic show on the Vegas strip. Thora knows she’s out of her element the second she meets Amour’s leading performer. Confident, charming and devilishly captivating, 26-year-old Nikolai Kotova lives up to his nickname as the “God of Russia.”

When Thora unknowingly walks into the crosshairs of Nikolai’s after-show, her audition process begins way too soon. Unprofessional. That’s what Nik calls their “non-existent” relationship. It’s not like Thora can avoid him. For one, they may be partners in the future—acrobatic partners, that is. But getting closer to Nik means diving deeper into sin city and into his dizzying world.

Thora wants to perform with him, but when someone like Nikolai attracts the spotlight wherever he goes—Thora fears that she’s destined to be just background to his spellbinding show.

This sexy and exhilarating New Adult Romance can best be described as Cirque du Soleil meets the steamy, athletic romance of Center Stage.

*standalone & no love triangles—recommended for readers 18+ for mature content*

   When I first found Amour Amour, there was just this strong urge to drop everything and read it. That's exactly what I did and I don't regret it because it was absolutely fantastic. It was such a beautiful circus love story and I desperately want to go in search of more stories like this one. But they will probably pale in comparison because that's how much I loved this!!

   Our main character, Thora, is in her last year of college. But her only dream she's ever had is to join the circus in Las Vegas. When a position is opened for the Aerial Silk Act in Amour, Thora travels to Las Vegas to audition for it. She doesn't have much experience other than being a gymnastic. But she's willing to throw away her scholarship to pursue her dreams.

   At the beginning, I was a little skeptical about the story. But it got straight to the point of the heroine flying to Las Vegas. I thought it was going to be a bit predictable and it was completely the opposite.

   The romance was such a slow burn but you see the attraction build that you just want more!! There was some love-hate relationship going on because of the circumstances when they first meet. But at the time, Nikolai didn't know that Thora was auditioning to be his partner in the circus so it caused a bit of an awkward situation at the audition. The pacing and the amount of romance was just perfect and completely sexy!! You'll just be fanning yourself when you get to those scenes.

   At first, I wasn't sure what to think of Thora. She completely abandoned her gymnastics scholarship to try and land a role in the circus when she wasn't even sure if she could get in. But I loved how she was willing to take the big risk in order to pursue the life she wanted. And didn't listen to the crap her best friend and family were telling her. They were completely unsupportive of her and she didn't let that stop her.

   What can I even say about Nikolai?!!! He's referred to as The God Of Russia in the circus, which is very VERY fitting! He was incredibly sexy!! I love when he would say sweet nothings in his own language to Thora. Completely swoon worthy! And he's also very protective. One of the most perfect but flawed book boyfriends ever!!

   The writing is absolutely phenomenal. I think the writers did a good job at describing every circus act being performed by the characters. It just made the book come alive. And it was very easy to picture it in my head as I was reading.

   Overall, Amour Amour was sexy and irresistible!! I think it's safe to say that it's now my favorite New Adult novel EVER. This circus romance will have you begging for more. It's completely worthy of a re-read. I just want to put down what I'm doing and dive right into it again. And it's completely rare to find books I love that I want to read it again.

   I highly recommend it to those who are looking for a New Adult novel to pick up!! You can't miss out on this.



5 Sea Stars: Out Of This World!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...