Friday, January 15, 2016

Impromptu Blogging Break


   This first month hasn't really been the best for me in terms of reading and blogging. The last 2 books I've read were 3 stars for me. I haven't picked up a book in 3 days and it's been bothering me. It's making me feel like a failure when it's barely the first month of 2016.

   I've getting behind on reviews I need to write. I've been stressed over the fact that I have too many review books in February than I actually anticipated to get. And I think it's freaking me out
so I need to step back a bit and calm down.

   I've stopped requesting arcs as of this year. And I really hope to keep it that way. I've been tempted so many times when I see someone have a book I really want. But then I remind myself of how I am right now. ARCS only lead to pressure and stress that I don't need. I want this year to be about me.

   I want to be able to read the books I want to and when I want to. I want to read a book without worrying when it comes out and having to write my review before the book comes out.

   I think bloggers get to a point where we can't juggle reading, reviewing, being on social media, and visiting other blogs. This is a hobby!! It's not supposed to be stressful. 


   Hopefully, when I come back, I'll be more confident in myself and have lots of posts ready for you guys!

   See you in February!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...