Thursday, June 2, 2016

May Wrap-Up & June TBR


   I wish PicMonkey would let people save the font colors we've previously used and let us type it in so we don't have to keep moving the mouse around in the color chart. That would make my life so much easier. And it explains why, every time, the titles in all my pictures are not matching colors.

   But enough about that. I'm here to talk about what I read in May and what my reading plans are for June.


May Reading Wrap-Up:


   I didn't really read much in May but I still did a better job than I did in April... I read A Court of Mist and Fury which took me a couple of days because of how long it was. Afterwards, it gave me a big book hangover and I couldn't stop thinking about it so I didn't start another book for days.

   When I was finally starting to get in the mood to read after ACOMAF, the month was already halfway over so I didn't get to read much 🙈.

  • A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
   If you follow me on Instagram, then you already know how much I LOVED this sequel. It was completely amazing and a brilliant successor to the first book. I've read some terrible second books this year so I was hesitant at first but it's turned into one of my favorite books this year!!
  • Thrive by Krista and Becca Ritchie: ★ ★ ★
   Even though I gave this three stars, it was still very enjoyable to read. But time was going way too quickly and I didn't love that aspect of this. I would be enjoying myself and, suddenly, a month goes by. That kept happening throughout the book which I didn't like. I'll go into more details in my review, which I'll be posting this month.
  • Addicted After All by Krista and Becca Ritchie: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
   Once I finished Thrive, I jumped straight into the last novel on Lo and Lily's storyline. I actually didn't love it as much as Addicted For Now (the second book in the Addicted series) but I think it was an amazing final book. Wrapped up all nicely and makes you want more!!


Currently Reading


   I've actually put TATBILB on hold while I read Fuel The Fire and The Lightning Thief but I plan to continue it after I finished the other two.

   I finally started the Percy Jackson series which I once said that I would never read but then my interest to read it came out of nowhere. I was so happy that I won the complete book set so I plan to binge read them all!


Blog Posts I Wrote 



  • I feel much better about posting after I posted my organizational post I published in May. I've been drafting a schedule for this month and hopefully I'll get into the habit of posting consistently.
  • I feel like I keep repeating myself every month so hopefully it's different this time 😅.


What I Plan To Read In June:
  • I didn't feature The Star Touched Queen but I plan to listen to the audiobook and dive into the story for the second time.
  • I plan to finish the spin off series to the Addicted series (The Calloway Sisters). I'm reading Fuel The Fire right now and plan to read Long Way down and Some Kind of Perfect afterwards.


What was your favorite book you read last month? And what are you guys planning to read in June?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...