Saturday, October 25, 2014

Review: Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter

Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter


Date Published: September 25, 2012
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Series: The White Rabbit Chronicle, #1

Summary from Goodreads:
She won’t rest until she’s sent every walking corpse back to its grave. Forever. 
Had anyone told Alice Bell that her entire life would change course between one heartbeat and the next, she would have laughed. From blissful to tragic, innocent to ruined? Please. But that’s all it took. One heartbeat. A blink, a breath, a second, and everything she knew and loved was gone.
Her father was right. The monsters are real….
To avenge her family, Ali must learn to fight the undead. To survive, she must learn to trust the baddest of the bad boys, Cole Holland. But Cole has secrets of his own, and if Ali isn’t careful, those secrets might just prove to be more dangerous than the zombies….

I wish I could go back and do a thousand things differently.I'd tell my sister no.I'd never beg my mother to talk to my dad. 

I'd zip my lips and swallow those hateful words.Or, barring all of that, I'd hug my sister, my mom and my dad one last time.I'd tell them I love them.I wish... Yeah, I wish.

My Review:

One word. Cole. Trust me when I say he is the ultimate bad boy and you'll be dying to meet him and become Mrs. Holland. You'll want him to train you when he's shirtless and sweaty. That's hot but so is he. I absolutely loved LOVED him. And he oozes sex appeal. He's real man candy. Although he's what, 18 years old, he cannot be mistaken for a kid. Man candy I tell you.

Alice becomes an orphan when her parents and sister are killed in an accident. Her father warned her of the monsters that existed in their world. But she didn't believe him until it was too late. Then she meets Cole Holland, who she shares a vision with, but neither of them can explain what it means. He also knows of the monsters that exists and he knows how to kill them. She asks him to train her.

This is probably one of the best books that exists out in the world. Kind of exaggerating but it's still true. I didn't think I would like it so much the way it did. This book could change someone's life.

Something that is kind of misleading though is the title. Don't be fooled into thinking it has anything to do with Alice in Wonderland. That's the only reason why I was interested in reading the book. But it's still pretty good regardless. I mean we do see some references here and there. Some people were disappointed because it wasn't really a retelling of the classic Alice story. But you shouldn't let that keep you from reading this because it's A M A Z I N G!

It had some hot boys like Cole and Frosty. Let me tell you, Cole is the perfect male species. He's such a possessive, alpha male. And there was a lot of sexual tension between Ali and Cole. It had me blushing so much. And fanning myself. So if you're cold and looking to warm up, then this book is a must.

There really are no perfect words to describe how utterly amazing this book was. You're just going to have to find out. But make no mistake, it will be worth it. The writing and the quotes were so captivating as were the characters. Even the side characters were interesting to read about like Kat and Frosty. There were characters I grew to love when I hated at first. The pacing of the plot and romance was just perfect. Everything about the book was P E R F E C T. Go read it now!!!



5 Stars: Blew My Mind!! :D :D

5 comments:

  1. Yes! This book was a fresh surprise. I picked it up thinking it would be ridiculous...I mean, the cover does NOT to justice to the book, AT ALL. But it was so much fun! And all the characters were super likable. I'm dying for the third book....!!! I need to know what happens/need to read more of that sizzling sexual tension between Cole & Ali. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have no problem with the cover. I just think the title is misleading.

      Delete
  2. This review is perfect! Now I want to meet Cole! I love bad boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember you recommending this to me one day... lol. You were pretty excited about it. I'll have to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy that you loved it! COLE. Isn't he something? (le sigh) This series just blew my mind and i am so sad that its over but i LOVED IT....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...