Saturday, May 9, 2015

May TBR

   I already posted a picture on my Instagram of all the books that I plan to read this month but I also wanted to talk about them here as well. And how it's sort of complicates with my June TBR.

   I know that these ARCS that I have aren't necessary to read them as I didn't request them. I got them at the ALA Midwinter Conference. But I still want to and feel like as a blogger that I have to read and review them all before their respective release date because the publishers gave the complimentary books for people to review. That's why from the beginning I've been reading them in order of their release.

   It'll sort of be a relief once I get through this month because then I'll only have 5 ARCS that I will have to read in June and I will finally be able to read the finished books I have. And let me tell you something, I have lots of physical books I own because I won them! And I've been wanting to get to read them for such a long time.

May TBR:



   I've already finished The Wrath And The Dawn and you can check out my review here!! Now I have 6 more books left. And hopefully I can finish them earlier so that I can get to the books in the picture shown below because they release SUPER early in June!

Illusionarium by Heather Dixon | 5/19
The Cage by Megan Shepherd | 5/26
Extraordinary Means by Robyn Scheider | 5/26
Immaculate by Katelyn Detweiler | 5/26
Kissing In America by Margo Rabb | 5/26
Daughter Of Deep Silence by Carrie Ryan | 5/26

Possibly?


   I really want to include these as part of my May TBR because they release so early in June but I'm not sure if I will have enough time. I will do a self-readathon if I have to. I really really want to review these before they are released!!

Proof Of Forever by Lexa Hillyer | 6/2
The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker | 6/2
The Stars Never Rise by Rachel Vincent | 6/9
Those Girls by Lauren Saft | 6/9

What do you guys think? When you get ARCS at these types of events, do you feel obligated to read/review all the books you get? What are you reading this month?

2 comments:

  1. I've not ever gotten an ARC from an event but if I did I don't think I'd feel I HAD to review them but I would try to. I'd give each book a chance and if it didn't work for me I'd not feel bad moving on to the next. You have a great selection there! I hope you enjoy them all. Thank you for linking to your TBR :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah this was my first book event and so I kind of went crazy! But so far, I've been reading and reviewing all the books I've gotten. And thanks for visiting :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...