Saturday, May 16, 2015

My Love For Studio Ghibli Films!!

Have you ever seen this guy?

   If you have but don't know him. His name is Totoro and he is the mascot to a Japanese Animation Film Studio called Studio Ghibli. Their animations are probably my favorite ever. It's just so artistically beautiful to watch which is why I think people enjoy the movies. They sort of have a style. Like the characters in every film look very alike. And you can tell.

   I absolutely love their films!! I've only seen two and there's like 20 of them. And I decided I want to watch them all and review them for you. I feel like everyone should experience the magic that is
Studio Ghibli.

   The very first movie of theirs that I've seen is called Spirited Away. It's one of their more prominent ones. It even won an Academy Award! And I've also seen Kikki's Delivery Service. But for some odd reason, there's so many of their movies that I haven't seen that I want to. The sad thing is that one of the directors has retired!! And that very same director is the creator of Spirited Away. Because of this Studio Ghibli is halting production and I don't know when or if they will continue to create any more movies.

   I know it's kind of weird for me to post about this kind of stuff when I normally blog about books. But I've been wanting to sort of expand my blog with my other interests. I love books but before I was even into that, I watched a lot of anime and read mangas (Japanese Graphic Novels). This is also another thing I may start to appear in my blog in the near future. I'm not sure how to incorporate them here but I know that I want to.

   But anyways, I have the list of the studio's movies that I will be watching:

The Studio Ghibli Films:

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
Castle In The Sky
Grave Of The Fireflies
My Neighbor Totoro
Kikki's Delivery Service
Only Yesterday
Porco Rosso
Pom Poko
Whisper Of The Heart
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
The Cat Returns
Howl's Moving Castle
Tales From Earthsea
Ponyo
Arrietty
From Up A Poppy Hill
The Wind Rises
The Tales Of Princess Kaguya
When Marnie Was There

*The bold means I've watched it already.*
*The italic means I'm familiar or heard of it but haven't seen it.*




  




Here Are Some GIFS:









What did you guys think? Have you ever heard of Studio Ghibli? If you have, what do you think of their movies?





5 comments:

  1. I demand you watch Princess Mononoke, Howl's Moving Castle and Grave of The Fireflies IMMEDIATELY. I just realized I've only seen six films on this list, those three plus My Neighbor Totoro and Ponyo. Although Kiki's Delivery Service, Spirited Away, Whisper Of The Heart, Arriety, The Wind Rises and The Tales Of Princess Kaguya are all high on my list. :)

    I've obviously definitely heard of Studio Ghibli. :) Joe Hisaishi is like my favorite composer. His score for Princess Mononoke is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I also want to see Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind and Castle In The Sky, of course. :) I forgot to add those two in. v.v

      Delete
    2. I just watched Howl's Moving Castle and it was completely A M A Z I N G!! I think I will be watching Castle In The Sky next. I also agree, every film has a beautiful soundtrack :)

      Delete
  2. Studio Ghibli do fantastic films. Spirited Away and Howls Moving Castle are my favorites! I haven't seen all of them yet, and there's some on your list I'd never even heard of.

    I'd also love to see some anime and manga stuff on your blog :) I dabble in both myself but only really know of the more common ones like Ouran Highschool Host Club, Fruits Basket etc so I would love some suggestions :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of Ouran High School Host Club. I've seen a couple of episodes but I never finished it for some reason. As for Fruits Basket, I have a couple of mangas of it but I haven't seen the anime of it. I think my favorite anime/manga would have to be Gakuen Alice. It's about a school where kids with special powers go to train. It's really amazing and love re-watching as I am now :D

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...