Saturday, May 30, 2015

Stacking The Shelves: An Unexpected Month Bookhaul

   Stacking The Shelves is a weekly meme, hosted by Tynga's Reviews. It's all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves; books you buy in physical stores or online; books you borrow from friends or the library, gifts, and e-books!

   Wow I got way more books this month than I anticipated and there are still more on the way!! And yeah, I broke my book buying ban once again *sighs*. I didn't buy them all though. But I promise I'm trying to go back to my book buying ban shell again.



   I'm officially the worst at book buying bans. I was completely okay during the first four months of this year and then I found some good deals. Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Legend, and Clockwork Angel were all 50 cents and below. I basically only payed for shipping. I found them all in the Amazon Marketplace and were all in good condition. 

   Then I wanted to get a YA spanish translated book because I want improve my Spanish since it's my first language but it feels like English is my first language. It'll probably be torture because I've tried reading Spanish before and I just kept cringing because it feels weird since I've become accustomed to reading in English. So I picked Throne of Glass (Trono De Cristal) since I already read it in English and it's one of my favorite books!!
   
   Also, would you like a tip? Never EVER go on Book Outlet when you are determined not to buy anymore books. I ended up buying Hopeless, Losing Hope, and Siege and Storm. Plus I had a coupon so I couldn't resist!

   Lastly, I saw the Howl's Moving Castle movie for the first time and discovered that it was actually based off a book. I smacked myself because what book reader wants to see the movie without reading the book first? But I've actually heard that both are completely different and so I think I'm saved. I also found Howl's Moving Castle (the book) on the Amazon Marketplace. But I was a bit stuck because there were three editions and I couldn't decided which to get!

Do you see the agony I went through?! The one I got is the first one on the left.



E-Books:

   I got these beauties from Netgalley and Edelweiss. I'm really looking forward to Persuasion because I was one of the lucky beta-readers and I'm in the Acknowledgements. I'm in a freaking book!! I was also happy to obtain Thorn because I read The Book Traveler's review and it just sounded amazing. Plus the cover is gorgeous! I also discovered that Inherit The Stars was on Netgalley and it was one of those that you could just grab without requesting. 


Physical Copies: 

   I was able to get an arc of Ice Kissed for review so I was very surprised when the publisher sent me the finished copy! And they sent me the third and final book in that series (Crystal Kingdom). The same publisher sent me Born of Defiance which was very pretty and surprising since it was an unsolicited final copy. I was very grateful but disappointed because it's the eight book in a series. I asked the publisher if I could read it as a standalone and they responded with "You’ll get right into it." I have no idea what that even means.

   I was very lucky to have even received Court of Fives!! Novl always gives away an arc in their monthly newsletter for the first 50-60 people who fills out the form. And I was already subscribed to their newsletter. But for some reason, I wasn't getting the email the day they sent the newsletter. I was getting worried because people had already started getting it. So I thought I was too late. I was very smart to go to their website because they have their newsletter archive and it was updated with the newsletter that I didn't get. In fact, the email never came. So I'm very happy that I was able to obtain it.


#BooksForTrade:
 

   For those who don't know, recently on Twitter, someone had started the #BooksForTrade where people post pictures of the books they were trading and their wish list. Then I joined in and it became so much fun and addicting! I found some books in my wish lists and these aren't all of the books I traded. Some still haven't arrived like the Throne of Glass arc and Heart of Betrayal arc.




   I was very surprised that this was available for free for a while. Colleen Hoover is so popular! I loved her Slammed series so of course I had to get this. I've seen mostly negative reviews but I'm still willing to give it a shot.



I also won these three books. Fireblood has been on my TBR for such a long time but I never got around to reading it even when it came out. I also got Trial By Fire that sadly got a new cover change but I still love the old cover. And I got They All Fall Down which is supposed to be some thriller. It sounds really creepy and I can't wait to read it too.


Big Thanks To:
Meredith from Pandora's Books
Alexa from Alexa Loves Books
Christy from Novel Ink
St. Martin's Press
Xpresso Book Tours
Little, Brown Books/ Novl
Amazon Children's Publishing
Perseus Books Group, Running Press
Harlequin TEEN
Kristen from My Friends Are Fiction
Angie from Disquiet Reads
Molly from Cherry Blossoms & Maple Syrup


Also check out the Twitter Giveaway I have:
My Sarah J. Maas Giveaway:

What did you guys get this month? Do we share similar books?

24 comments:

  1. Wow! You got so many great books! I have a bunch of these too for review :D what a fantastic haul, and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I didn't really expect to receive that many books this month so I was quite happy :D

      Delete
  2. What a haul! Enjoy....I have been noticing Never Never all around.

    Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. And decided to take advantage at the fact that it was free lol

      Delete
  3. Awesome stack of books. I hope that you love all of your new books this week. Great haul of books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm quite happy with what I got and hope to love them all :)

      Delete
  4. Wow! What an impressive haul. I have a copy of Never Never, but I haven't got around to it yet. I hope you enjoy your new books! My haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And me too. I don't know much about it but it's from Colleen Hoover so I had to get it :D

      Delete
  5. Wow so many awesome books! That's awesome you're going to try and improve your Spanish. :) Throne of Glass is definitely the way to go with that. I didn't know that about Novl. I'm going to have to sign up! Court of Fives looks awesome! I can't wait for that one! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. At first, I didn't know if it was even printed in Spanish but I was successfully able to find it on Amazon.

      Delete
  6. Wow! I love all of your books! Sooooo jealous! Happy reading :)

    Sofia @ SofiaLovesReading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I got a bunch of the books that I've been dying to get :O

      Delete
  7. Wonderful haul! Loved the book and movie of Howl's Moving Castle - definitely a treat to have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haul! And Book Outlet will do that to you every time ;) I hope you enjoy all of your new additions and I'm glad Angelfall got there safely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. It was a bad decision but I don't regret buying them :) And thanks for trading Angelfall.

      Delete
  9. Great haul this week! Legend and Those Girls are both really good books. I've been wanting to check out Alexandra Bracken's books for the longest time! Everyone seems to LOVE The Darkest Minds. Have a good week and happy reading! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wanting to read Legend and The Darkest Minds for a really long time now. And I can't wait to finally read them!

      Delete
  10. Amazing haul this week! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, amazing haul this week! Hope you enjoy Witch Hunter, I just finishedit the other day, and I loved it :) Enjoy all your new reads, and have a fab week!
    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm currently reading it and it's completely awesome! I really hope it continues that way :D

      Delete
  12. Lots of awesome! I don't even know where to start. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I am having a hard time choosing where to start since lots of these are so popular!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...