Saturday, June 27, 2015

Stacking The Shelves: Oh My... So Many Books!

   Stacking The Shelves is a weekly meme, hosted by Tynga's Reviews. It's all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves; books you buy in physical stores or online; books you borrow from friends or the library, gifts, and e-books!




   I know I'm on a book buying ban!! But Scorched was actually a pre-order that I did last year so I technically didn't buy it this year. The Falconer on the other hand... I have no excuse. But it was .99 cents!! And then with shipping, it was $4.98! I got it on the Amazon Marketplace as usual.

   I'm just getting good at finding these deals! It was a used hardcover in very good condition. I just couldn't resist once again. But I promised myself that after The Falconer, no more. This is the final time I break my book buying ban. Book Outlet is giving a $5 coupon right now and I passed it up so I'm proud of myself for that.


#BookForTrade:

   I found more books with this Twitter hashtag and all of these were on my wish list so I'm quite happy! I have all the Throne Of Glass books in hardcover. Well, at least the ones that are out. I also found an arc of Throne Of Glass. And Grace Mercy is signed!! Score!



E-books:


Physical Books:

   They're so pretty! I was so happy when I got a physical arc of Persuasion. It's more surreal because I'm in the acknowledgements (Look mom, I'm in a book!!!). I got to beta-read it and loved it so I can't wait to go back and see how it's changed. 

   I also got Shades Of Doon, which is really pretty. I love petting it because it's so soft and matte. 




   Wow I didn't expect to win THAT many books. I'm so happy that I won a finished copy of An Ember In The Ashes because I loved it so much! And I've been so curious about The Nightmare Affair. 

   I also got Ignite Me at a perfect time because Shatter Me is becoming a TV show! I'll will soon have my copy in the mail, then I'll just need the second book and the novellas. 



I found some awesome e-book freebies from authors I know of. And two of these are about wolves which I've been dying to get more into so I'm happy about those!!

So what did you guys get this month? 

25 comments:

  1. Awesome stack of books. Books For Trade seems like it's really been working for you. Congrats on all the amazing wins.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for Ignite Me! And Book For Trade has been awesome! I've been wary of the fact that people have been taking advantage of it though.

      Delete
  2. I so want to read An Ember in the Ashes. Oh and you got the whole Maas collection. Great haul this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have too!! It's probably my favorite book of the year so far :D

      Delete
  3. You scored the mother of all books this week I feel like lol okay lets see...Scorched is absolutely amazing. It's my favorite of Jennifer's contemporary books at the moment. I can't wait to reread the ToG series before Queen of Shadows. I really want to read The Falconer & Grave Mercy so I can't wait to hear what you think of them! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are actually all the books I got for the month of June lol. But getting all these in one week would have been awesome!!

      Delete
  4. Great haul this week. You got a lot of amazing books through books for trade. I'm from the UK, so the selection isn't usually as amazing as that. Shades of Doon has such a gorgeous cover. I have the first two books in the series, but I have yet to read them. I hope you enjoy all of your books :) Here's my STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that. I really wish shipping wasn't so expensive. Oh I just read Doon (the first book in the series) and I loved it!!

      Delete
  5. You got so many books! AND ILLUMINAE!! Ahhh!! Happy Reading! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I actually started it but it doesn't really seem to pull me in a lot :/

      Delete
  6. I haven't read any of these but happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice haul! A Million Miles Away sounds very tempting. Hope you enjoy them all! :)

    Here's my STS: https://thebookbrief.wordpress.com/2015/06/27/stacking-the-shelves-the-sunday-post-2/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately it wasn't really a book for me. I was really curious about it and it didn't really grab my attention :(

      Delete
  8. I'm so jealous of all your BooksForTrade books. Wish I could do that too but of course not. :(

    Nicole's STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I was very lucky especially since I kept stalking the hashtag.

      Delete
  9. Great haul this week! I have been looking forward to Illuminae for the longest time so I will definitely be looking forward to your thoughts on that one! Have an awesome week.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm like 100 pages into it. It's not bad. But it's not wowing me like it has been for everyone else. I'm hoping that will change as I go deeper into the story.

      Delete
  10. THE FALCONER! An Ember in the Ashes! Robin LaFevers' books! Those three are among some of my favorite YA books. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a lovely weekend :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVED An Ember In The Ashes!! And I can't wait to start The Falconer and Grave Mercy!!!

      Delete
  11. Lucky you spotting all those awesome Books for Trade goodies! :D And woohoo for Illuminae! I probably won't read it until a bit closer to the release date, but I'm sure we're both going to love it! :D I also have a review copy of Awake and I'm curious about it.

    Happy reading, Karina!

    Aimee @ Deadly Darlings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already started Illuminae and I don't really seem to like it that much right not. I hope that changes as I get deeper into the book. And I'm also curious about Awake. I didn't know about it until Netgalley sent me the email to request it lol.

      Delete
  12. Great haul! Love the Doon series. Curious about your Persuasion. Happy reading ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, amazing haul! I love scouring Amazon for those deals too- it's a fun hobby ;) Also, you kind of did amazingly well with books for trade! Throne of Glass ARC!? HoB!!? Impressive. Seriously impressive! Also, I LOVED Ignite Me (and Rook! And An Ember in the Ashes!) so I hope you do too- it was by far my favorite of the series! Hope you enjoy these, and have a fabulous week!

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
  14. What am amazing haul! So many of these are on my TBR. Sarah J Maas' series, The Doon books, The Falconer, Ember in the Ashes and several others. Wow! Looks like you have some amazing books ahead. I hope you enjoy all these. Happy Reading!
    Here are my newest additions.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...