Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Small Hiatus

   I've sort of been behind on my reading and scheduling posts. So I decided to take a one week break from blogging to catch up on writing my reviews and other posts I have in my drafts. I've never really wanted to do anything like this on my blog. But I feel if I tried to write up a post now, it come out feeling forced. And I don't want that.

   Plus I've been kind of a downer with still being in a reading slump. It's never been this terrible. It's sort of like being in a stage where I've been reading books for more than 3 years and I'm not a "newlywed" reader anymore. I'm not in a honeymoon stage anymore. If that even makes sense.


   But almost every book I've read this year has been 3 stars or below. I think I've only given three books a 5 star rating. And I feel it's because I'm not finding the right books for me. I always know that I'm a sucker for romances. I don't read adult books that often. I read more New Adult. But I
always favor Young Adult books more. Especially if they have a romance. But not so much of contemporary books. I'm more into fantasy genres.

   My reading slump could also be coming from the fact that I'm forcing myself to read the arcs that I have gotten. I'm not sure. So I decided to stop with the whole requesting for this year. I've already have a ton that I need to focus on. I sort of wrote up a post where I discussed how it's not always a good thing to have arcs in the first place. Because they can be fun especially if it's a book that's highly anticipated. But I don't need the feeling of reading being like homework. (You can read more about that here).

   There's also me having too many books that I want to read. And when I read about one book, I'm thinking about another. Am I the only one that does this?

   Anyways, I will most likely be back sometime next week. I don't want to be gone too long. So I will see you all next time!!

   In the meantime, you can check out my giveaway I have on Twitter where you can win any Sarah J. Maas paperback!






4 comments:

  1. Definitely take out some time for yourself to get your reading mojo back. I know from experience that it really sucks when suddenly something you love as much as reading is just not doing it for you anymore. In my case it was definitely due to forcing myself to read in order to review, rather than to enjoy. You don't, as you say, want to constantly be thinking about your next read and how you will meet all the publishing deadlines etc. So yeah, take some time out but come back to us ;) Enjoy your time off!
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really hope this break will help me. I'm trying to focus on the books that I'm most interested in. And hoping that this reading slump can go away :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll try to see if I can fit it in this month :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...