Friday, December 27, 2013

Last Day: Top 10 Books I’m Looking Forward to in 2014


Friday, December 27th – Top 10 Books I’m Looking Forward to in 2014 (This list should be comprised ONLY of books released in 2014)

Today's topic...               Books I’m Looking Forward to in 2014
(In no particular order)

1. Sweet Reckoning by Wendy Higgins
I can't believe this series is ending. I know I'm going to cry I just know it. I really hope that nobody dies. I wonder in the end if the nephilim will be free of their sin or not. I feel bad for wanting kaidan to keep his. It just adds to his hotness.


2. Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout
(The cover hasn't been revealed so I used the cover of the fourth book in the series.)
Another great series ending, what a shame. I really want know whether or not the Luxen that came to earth are going to make daemon, dee, and Dawson be against Kat and Bethany. I'm also curious if those Luxen are here to take over earth and are bad, how are Kat, Luc, Bethany, and Archer going to get out with all the Luxen there? I need this but I don't want it to end at the same time. Please don't let anyone else die anymore. Please, please, please.

3. White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Oh my god as the lux series comes to an end next year, another great series will begin. I'm already in love with it by just reading the first chapter. I loved both Zayne and Roth. Layla was shy and adorable in bitter sweet love. But now we're going to see her older. I really want to know how she's changed and the moment she meets Roth and when they kiss. ;)

4. Alienated by Melissa Landers
I'm really interested in reading this because it's about aliens. It also reminded me of the lux series, not that I'm comparing them, but it makes me curious how this story will be because you don't get a lot of alien stories. I love the cover. I don't know why I didn't put it on my list of best book covers for this year. Oh well. 


5. The One by Kiera Cass
I love all the covers of this series but I think this one is my favorite. The white dress makes it obvious that there will be a wedding in this book. But between who? Is it Maxon with America? That is what we're all expecting after all and I'm scared that there might be a twist and Maxon will choose Kriss or worse, Celeste.


6. Reborn by C.C. Hunter
I haven't read Della's short novella with Steve. So I have to get on that. But I'm super excited to see all the characters again. Especially Lucas and Kylie. I really want to know how things are going on with them. It's going to be a big change since it will be from the point of view of Della. But I'm sure I'll still love it. 

7. Fire and Flood by Victoria Scott
I don't really know much about this book. But I've read the first chapter and when the dad took the device away from Tella, I really wanted to see the rest if the message. I really want to continue and this is a good sign that I'm going to like this book. I can't wait until it comes out.

8. Untitled: The Arcana Chronicles #3 by Kresley Cole
(The cover hasn't been revealed so I used the cover of the second book in the series.)
This book left me on a really mean cliffhanger. Not cool man. I want the next book, I really need it. I am torn between Jack and Aric/Death. It's going to be sad when Jack sees Evie with Death. I really want to know if Evie agreed to do what Death said to save Jack. 

9. Untitled: Throne of Glass #3 by Sarah J. Mass
(The cover hasn't been revealed so I used the cover of the second book in the series.)
This book was heartbreaking. When Chaol said that Calaena was not the girl he saw as his wife, it had me in tears. And what's worse is that she doesn't fully trust him. I'm just glad that this series isn't over with the next book. I hope they see each other again in the next book.

10. The Warrior by Victoria Scott
I am behind on this series. I still haven't read The Liberator. I have to read it before this book comes out. But I'll probably read it the week before this book comes out just so that I won't be waiting a long time. It feels like yesterday that I read The Collector and it's going to end next year, how sad. No more Dante:(

-Karina<3

1 comment:

  1. Looks like we like lots of the same books! I'm looking forward to a lot of these too!!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...