Thursday, December 19, 2013

My Obsidian Review

 Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Release Date: May 8, 2012
Format: Paperback, 335 pages
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Source: Barnes and Noble
Series: The Lux Series

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.



Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don't kill him first, that is.

My Review:


This is actually my very first book review so I hope it goes ok. I also actually read this in the beginning of this year so I'm tad late.
   
 I want to start off by saying how stupid I feel for putting this book off for a really long time ‘cause I’ve read Jen’s Covenant series and I saw this on her Good reads profile. But when I read that it about aliens, I just passed and moved on to find something else to read. I mean, how many alien books do you know or have read? For me, it’s zero. I actually don’t remember why I decided to give it a chance. I guess since I loved her covenant series.

  Moving on.
  
 This book was freaking-fantastic. That is how I would describe it. It was the very first book that had a male character that made me swoon. That’s right ladies. Daemon Black. *fans myself* He deserves an award for being the sexiest alien alive. He is unlike anything I’ve ever read and I can’t wait for Opposition.

   I was able to get in character. It was like I became a part of the book and that’s never happened before. I really want to find other books like this. But I know I’ll never be able to because every book is different. I’ll only find books that are really good like this one but it just won’t be the same.

   I loved that Katy is a blogger because we can relate to her love of books and blogging. I loved her character and I think she developed well along the story. She’s on my top list of favorite book females like she doesn’t annoy me. She is very likeable.

  My favorite scene of the entire book was when Kat dumped the spaghetti on Daemon and Ashley. That was freaking hilarious.
  
 I love how this isn’t an instant love. Well maybe… Does sexual tension count? I think they were really attracted to each other but Daemon and his mouth.

  Oh Daemon… I love how he calls Katy kitten. It’s so sexy and I so wouldn’t oppose to being called that like Katy.

  I would highly recommend this to anyone who is looking to read something new and fresh because like I said, you don’t see a lot of alien books out there. So don’t judge it because it’s about aliens (I still beat myself up for putting off for so long).

  Now I know I’m forgetting things but this is all that comes to mind right now.
  
 P.S. I wouldn’t give this book 5 out of 5 stars. I’d give it a million stars :D

~Karina ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...