Sunday, December 29, 2013

Review: Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

                                                             

Date Published: May 1, 2012
Format: Paperback, 543 pages
Publisher: HarperTeen
Source: Barnes and Noble
Series: The Sweet Trilogy
       
             Synopsis from Goodreads:

                Embrace the Forbidden
What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?

This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.
Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She's aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but it isn't until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He's the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.


Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?


My Review:

   Oh sweet mother of god.

   This book is my absolute most favorite of all time. It was so good. I couldn't put it down. 

   I've always been intrigued by the seven deadly sins so this book was perfect for me. But not only that, this book is about angels and demons. I think this book was the second book that I have read on angels and demons. But it is so different from everything I've ever read. It's so original. 

   It's not your average "girl and boy meet and fall in love." It's not like that at all. Anna and Kaidan, both nephilim, aren't allowed to be together because of who they are. They are considered products meant to make others sin.

   Anna's sin is substance abuse. She is so innocent, which I find amusing because of a certain someone's sin. It just makes it more fun. She's never been kissed before until she meets Kaidan. But she's not a normal nephilim because of her mother's side. She is half-nephilim and half-angel. I really like her character and I can totally relate to her in so many ways.

   Kaidan's sin is lust, which I find extremely sexy. It just adds to his hotness. He has a british accent and I love British people. The way he talks is hilarious. He sure has a dirty mind. His urges towards Anna is so hot. I can't wait to find out if they give in to the temptation in Sweet Reckoning.  I like how he gets jealous of Kopano being near Anna. I disliked how he was stubborn and didn't want to let Anna in. But he was trying to protect her. 

   Oh Kaidan, I am forever yours ;)

   My favorite scene out of the whole book was when Kaidan gave Anna her first kiss. She is so pure, wanting to wait until marriage to have sex. But not Kaidan. Oh no, he is the opposite. But he doesn't have much choice with his sin being lust. It's like an addiction for him and he can't help it but be drawn to sex.

   The thing is that nephilim are not permitted to be in relationships expecially not with each other. Kaidan knows that it's too dangerous and Anna doesn't see that since she barely found out that she is a nephie. 

   The thing I like about this book is that it never gets boring. All the side characters are interesting and I don't think I disliked anyone. The dukes, except Anna's dad, are the only people I hate, especially Kaidan's dad, I find him disgusting. I only like that he gave us Kaidan.

5 Stars: Blew My Mind!! :D :D


Here are some teasers:

Teaser #1: Read about Kaidan's sweet behind ;)

From the corner of my eye I saw him throw the blankets easily aside and scoot to the edge of the bed by the window. He stood up, facing away from me, and raised his arms for a glorious stretch. When I looked again my eyes landed on his bare behind.
Dear God!

I screamed and buried my face in my pillow.

"What?!" I heard him ask. "Did you see a roach?"

"Why are you naked?!" I did not dare lift my red face.

"Huh. Is that all?" He asked. "I always sleep in the buff. I don't know how you can stand all that clothing."

"Unbelievable," I said. I pulled myself up and stomped to the bathroom.

Teaser #2: Kaidan staring at Anna's behind :)

 "All right, fine, no legs. But you're missing out. I'm not throught with you. Roll onto your stomach and relax again." I obeyed, letting my arms lie limp at my sides and closing my eyes. Somehow it seemed a little safer to be on my tummy.

 "Mmm." He moaned, having not even touched me yet.
"Oh, nothing. It's just that you've got quite a nice little-"

 I flipped to my side, glaring hard. He put up his hands.

"Sorry! A guy can't help but notice. Truly-best behavior-starting now."

Haha. Funny how both of these teasers are about both of their bottoms. :D

-Karina ;)

7 comments:

  1. This book sounds so good - I had to go and request it from the library right away!! Thanks for checking out my blog - I'm now following you via Bloglovin'!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Review Karina!!! I loved Sweet Evil and Sweey Peril too! I can't wait for Sweet Reckoning to come out! I love Kai, and agree that this book was amazing!!!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for sweet reckoning either but I'm sad that it's ending :( thanks for stopping by, I really lije your blog :D

      Delete
  3. I really need to start this series. New GFC follower :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to get right on board with this series and thanks for the follow.

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...