Saturday, September 6, 2014

Mini Review: Fates by Lanie Bross

Fates by Lanie Bross

Date Published: February 11, 2014 
Format: E-Arc, 336 pages
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Source: Netgalley
Series: Fates, #1

Synopsis from Goodreads:

One moment. One foolish desire. One mistake. And Corinthe lost everything.

She fell from her tranquil life in Pyralis Terra and found herself exiled to the human world. Her punishment? To make sure people's fates unfold according to plan. Now, years later, Corinthe has one last assignment: kill Lucas Kaller. His death will be her ticket

home.

But for the first time, Corinthe feels a tingle of doubt. It begins as a lump in her throat, then grows toward her heart, and suddenly she feels like she is falling all over again--this time for a boy she knows she can never have. Because it is written: one of them must live, and one of them must die. In a universe where every moment, every second, every fate has already been decided, where does love fit in?

My Review:

   When I saw that gorgeous cover and read the very intriguing summary of the book, I thought this was going to be a for-sure fun read. But unfortunately, we can't like every single book that we pick up. That was the case for this book.

  I found myself not being able to connect with the characters at all. I just didn't care about them at all. I just found myself drifting off at times. And this is probably one of those one-time reads. It just wasn't my type of book to read. The plot didn't pull me in whatsoever. It was really disappointing because I thought this book had so much potential. But I just wasn't grasped by it. I really don't have much to say about it other than I hope that someone else will enjoy it.

   It wasn't completely bad but it just wasn't for me. But every reader has there own tastes in books and I'm sure there will be those that like a book and others who won't.

2 Stars: It was okay :/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...