Tuesday, December 16, 2014

ARC Review: The Return by Jennifer L. Armentrout

The Return by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Release Date: February 17th, 2015
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Format: ARC, 335 pages
Series: Titans, #1

Summary from Goodreads:
The Fates are cackling their bony asses off… 
It’s been a year since Seth made the deal with the gods that pledged his life to them. And so far, the jobs they’ve given him have been violent and bloody–which is kind of all right with him. But now Apollo has something else in mind for Seth. He’s got to play protector while keeping his hands and fingers off, and for someone who really has a problem with restraint, this new assignment might be the most challenging yet. 
Josie has no idea what this crazy hot guy’s deal might be, but it’s a good bet that his arrival means the new life she started after
leaving home is about to be thrown into an Olympian-sized blender turned up to puree. Either Josie is going insane or a nightmare straight out of ancient myth is gunning for her. 
But it might be the unlikely attraction simmering between her and the golden-eyed, secret-keeping Seth that may prove to be the most dangerous thing of all. 
Because history has once again been flipped to repeat. 
Book 1 in the new adult paranormal TITAN series, spin-off to the best selling COVENANT series.

My Review:

   I completely freaked out when I got this in my mail. I was flailing like a crazy person even though I still had other books to read so I didn't get to it for a while. But I just finished this recently and it was completely amazing. It was utterly fantastic.

  This is a spin-off series of the Covenant Series but it isn't necessary to read it to read The Return. But of course I highly recommend that you do because it's such a kick-ass series and you get to know how the main character, Seth, was before. If you read already read the series, then you will know when you read The Return that Seth has changed after prior events in The Covenant.

   It's been a year since Seth has given up his life to do the dirty and violent deeds of the gods. He pledged his life to them and now he goes on, not knowing when they they will kill him. But then he's given another task.

   But what he didn't expect is Josie. She's just a mortal college girl. Why would Apollo send him to protect her?

   I will also warn you that there are some spoilers for the previous series so if you don't mind that then go right along with this.

   I already loved Seth so much from the previous series so I was delighted to read more from him. We get to have a more closer look at him and what he's thinking. It's like we get to see his side of the story. He's completely changed in a way because, those that read the previous series, we know that the things he did have changed him. He's trying to redeem himself.

   I had high hopes for this especially since this is another one of Jennifer Armentrout's books and her books are so fabulous. I read her Covenant Series and I loved it. The Return is no different. It's completely witty and full of humor and Seth's sexual innuendos. I think I fell more in love with him but he kind of changes after the events of The Covenant series. But like I said before you don't have to read that series as Jennifer does such a good job at explaining what went down and describing the world that she has already established. It's going to suck you in and you wont want to stop.

4 Stars: A Great Read!

*I received an Advanced Reading Copy from the publisher in an exchange for an honest review.*

Thank you so much Spencer Hill Press for giving me the chance to read this early on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...