Wednesday, March 25, 2015

EARLY REVIEW: Fall With Me by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Fall With Me by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Release Date: March 31, 2015
Publisher: Avon Books
Format: Mass Market Paperback, 376 pages
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Series: Wait For You, #4
Pre-order Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository

Add To Goodreads


Eleven months ago, bartender and weird-shirt-wearing extraordinaire Roxy and Officer Reece Anders had a one night stand. Well, kind of. She’s been in love with him since she was fifteen, and he wishes that night they shared never happened. She’s sworn him off forever, but the past and future collide, forcing her to rely on the one man who broke her heart not once, but twice. 
Her best friend since birth has been in a long-term care facility since he became a victim of a hate crime years ago, and the person who put him in there is out of prison and wanting to make amends with him and Roxy. She’s not sure she has room for forgiveness in her and when she begins to receive frightening messages and
is on the receiving end of escalating violence, she thinks she knows who is to blame. The man who already destroyed one life already. 
But Reece isn’t convinced. The threats are too personal, and even if Roxy doesn’t believe him, he’s not willing to let anyone hurt her. Including himself. He’s already messed up more than once when it comes to Roxy and he’s not going to let history repeat itself.

*I received a finished copy from the publisher in an exchange for an honest review.*


   I think the biggest reason for being so excited was because the love interest, Reece, is a police officer and it just made it seem more sexy!!

   Fall With Me has got to be the one with the most interesting lines I've ever read about. I just kept giggling and laughing. I found it to be the most humorous out of the whole series so far. The characters are just so witty. I loved Roxy and Reece's interactions with each other. And that they knew each other before the start of the book. This is also what distinguishes it from the rest of the series because in the other books (except Be With Me), the characters all meet at the start of the book. I don't even think a lot of stories have this. I enjoyed the little revelations of the past like when Roxy would talk about seeing Reece back when he was a junior and she was a freshman in high school. I thought it was cute how she's crushed on him for a long time.

   I found the characters to be so unique. Roxy is no ordinary female. She's so quirky and hilarious and just not normal. I love her personality. She loves the show Supernatural. I also love how she loves to wear t-shirts. She's probably my favorite female of the series so far. And if I wanted a fictional best friend, it would be her. She's just too much fun. I also love the fact that she's a bartender. But her life hasn't always been easy. Her best friend had an awful accident when they were in high school and she blames herself for it. Then she's had her crush on Reece but she thinks he only sees her as a friend. 

   Reece was kind of hard to read. We don't really know much about him other than the fact that he's a sexy police officer. And he sure knows how to rock that uniform. He also has a six pack!! He's just too gorgeous for words to explain.

   Something I felt was that the chemistry between Roxy and Reece wasn't that off the top. I thought they were a cute couple but I didn't really see it that much. I think it could have been better if there were flashbacks of how they were when they were much younger. I think it's because they had already met. So there wasn't much development because they already knew each other. But that's just my opinion. I still enjoyed seeing them together. There were so many sexy times and they were steamy. The things they would say to each other was so hot!

   I loved seeing the old characters together again along with Roxy and Reece. And then in the end when we see the upcoming couple for the next book meet!! That was a very exciting ending and it just makes you want more!

   Also I really wanted to know what was wrong with Charlie. I don't think they ever explained what was wrong with him. Or if they did, then I missed it because all I know was that he had an accident.

   Overall, Fall With Me was an awesome continuation to the Wait For Me series. It had new elements that weren't in any of the previous novels. There was actually suspense between the romance since there was a stalker in the midst of our characters. It was just creepy at times. But it is a beautiful story of hope and being able to move on. I'm definitely looking forward to the next book.


4 Hearts: A Great Read!

2 comments:

  1. I think that's usually the problem with books with couples that are already well establsihed with each other before the novel starts. It feels like the chemistry is lacking because we don't see how their relationship started and came to be where it is by the start. But in any case, I agree - cops do have that sweet sexy charm somehow ;)

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! I think that was my main problem for this one. And yes to sexy cop charms!! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...