Thursday, March 12, 2015

REVIEW: Daimon by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Daimon by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Publication Date: May 10, 2011
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Format: Ebook, 62 pages
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal
Series: The Covenant, #0.5
Buy Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Add To Goodreads


For three years, Alexandria has lived among mortals—pretending to be like them and trying to forget the duty she'd been trained to fulfill as a child of a mortal and a demigod. At seventeen, she's pretty much accepted that she's a freak by mortal standards... and that she'll never be prepared for that duty. 
According to her mother, that’s a good thing.
But as every descendant of the gods knows, Fate has a way of rearing her ugly head. A horrifying attack forces Alex to flee Miami and try to find her way back to the very place her mother had warned her she should never return—the Covenant. Every step that brings her closer to safety is one more step toward death… because she's being hunted by the very creatures she'd once trained to kill. 
The daimons have found her.

   Since this was a prequel, I was really hoping to get a bit deeper knowledge as to how Alex and her mom were like when they were on the run from The Covenant. And I didn't really like it as much as I thought I would.

   I thought it kind of fell short and it didn't really give us much insight from what I already knew from reading the first book in the series. It may only appeal to those who haven't read the first book. But to me, it was really nothing that I didn't already know.

   I did love Alex's spunk and fierceness to protect. And she was trying to blend in with the mortals but her true nature is to fight and protect. And I just love her random acts and sayings. When the Daimons attack her and her mother, you really feel for Alex and how she's left all alone and she has no idea what to do. She's basically left to fend for herself. Three years away from The Covenant and she still kicks butt.

   I really loved her little reminiscence of her crush for Aiden.

   I expected to get more knowledge on how Alex's life was before. But I didn't really get anything new. It just leaves us right where Half-Blood starts. But I really enjoyed watching Alex's personality shine and reading about her showing those two guys who's boss!!

   I would recommend reading Daimon before Half-Blood otherwise you'll just be left feeling a bit disappointed. But that's just my opinion. The order doesn't really matter and I've heard of other people that have enjoyed it more than I did. Either way, I have always loved Jennifer's writing style and this is no exception.


3 Hearts: I Liked It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...