Thursday, July 16, 2015

Make Me Read It Readathon + Arc August

The Make Me Read It Read-A-Thon is hosted by Val at The Innocent Smiley & Ely at A Book So Fathomless! You can click on their links and it will take you to their sign up posts if you're interested. It starts at 8am on July 20th and ends at 12am on July 27th. 

   I recently discovered this read-a-thon and it seems like fun. Plus I need something to motivate me since I haven't really been reading at all this month. 

What Is This Read-A-Thon About?

Look at the books you own, either physical, e-book or ones you've borrowed from the library and pick out a few you really want to read, or feel like you should read. It’s up to you how many you pick, personally I'd pick a few more than you expect to be able to read in a week. Example: if you think you’ll only read two, pick out five books or if you think you can read seven, pick out ten. 
Make a list of these books on your blog, or make a video, or a Goodreads shelf or post a picture on Instagram—whatever is easiest for you. Then get friends, other bloggers/booktubers etc. to vote on which books you HAVE to read. 
When the read-a-thon comes along, you read the books in the order of most votes. For example, if one book gets 10 votes—you read that first, then the one that got 7 and so on. If there's a tie, then it's your preference. The goal is to read as many as possible.  

What Books Will I Be Reading:

   I've created a poll so you guys can vote for the books that I will be reading. There are 17 books that I chose to include and I will read the top 5 books that get the highest voting.


Here Is The Poll:

Please only vote for 7 books!!

9/18/15 Edit: The poll is now closed!


The Results:

   These are the 5 books that got the most votes in the poll. I will start with Shadow and Bone and, hopefully, finish with The Assassin's Blade. 



Arc August is hosted by Octavia at Read.Sleep.Repeat. This event is basically to help us readers/bloggers read and finish the arcs we have. You can also click the blog link to sign up.

I'm so excited for this book challenge!! It's the first time I've heard of it. And it's perfect timing since I have some arcs that I need to get to.

Here Are The Rules:


  • It may be a physical ARC or and eARC but it MUST be an ARC.
  • Yes it can be an ARC that has released as long as it’s an ARC I’m not going to nit pick much.
  • HAVE FUN WITH THIS! Feeling like you are being “forced” to read is the best way turn a fun event into a yucky obligation.
  • Update post! I personally will do a post for each Saturday in August but that’s just me. You can update once a week, every other week or once for the whole darn event. This update can be in the form of a blog or tumblr post, vlog, link to your “ARC August 2015″ shelf or even an instagram pic! I want to make this as easy and low pressure as possible for you.

The Books I'm Reading


Are any of you participating in these two challenges? 

14 comments:

  1. ahhh you have too many good choices, I REFUSE TO VOTE. I literally can not choose. My advice is to read them all at once ;) I really liked Court of Fives and I've heard nothing but good things about Illuminae. Nice picks! Good luck with your challenges :)

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I practically have a bunch of the most popular/hyped books :D If only I could read them all at the same time, then my TBR would be so small :O And so glad to hear that about Court Of Fives. The hype for Illuminae is actually making me really nervous because I haven't even seen one bad review for it. But it sounds so interesting and unique with how it's written.

      Delete
  2. I just voted on your poll! You have two books on your poll that I have on mine! I hope we get to reach our goal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I JUST VOTED TOO! I've only read two books on your poll, but I added in Legacy of Kings just because I want to see your thoughts about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I've been meaning to get to Legacy Of Kings. I've heard some good things about it and I love fantasy!

      Delete
  4. I voted for a few of the choices, but my top three would have to be To All the Boys, Shadow and Bone, and Shatter Me. I'm also doing this readathon.
    - Emma @ Emma Likes Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those seem to be the popular choices. Ooh, I'll check out your poll too!

      Delete
  5. 7 books - that's an impressive amount! Happy reading, Karina. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no I'm only reading 5 books but I'm asking people to only vote for 7. That would be impossible for me to do :D

      Delete
  6. I haven't read most of these, but I voted for a couple that I've heard good things about. :)

    Jen @ EbonyInkReviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had these on my shelves for quite a while now. And they kind of scare me since they are really hyped up. Thanks for voting :)

      Delete
  7. Nice stack of books that you picked to read. I have so many books to read. I listed fifteen books, but will probably only get to five books. I hope you love all of the books that you choose to read.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck! Illuminae is one that I can't wait to read. I just wish the release date were here sooner. I hope you enjoy it!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...