Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Waiting On Wednesday

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, where we get to talk about upcoming releases that we're highly anticipating.

This Week I Chose:

Truthwitch by Susan Dennard

Release Date: January 5, 2016
Publisher: Tor Teen
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Magic, Romance
Series: The Witchlands, #1 
Pre-order Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository

Add To Goodreads

On a continent ruled by three empires, some are born with a “witchery”, a magical skill that sets them apart from others. 
In the Witchlands, there are almost as many types of magic as there are ways to get in trouble—as two desperate young women know all too well. 
Safiya is a Truthwitch, able to discern truth from lie. It’s a powerful magic that many would kill to have on their side, especially amongst the nobility to which Safi was born. So Safi must keep her gift hidden, lest she be used as a pawn in the struggle between empires. 
Iseult, a Threadwitch, can see the invisible ties that bind and entangle the lives around her—but she cannot see the bonds that touch her own heart. Her unlikely friendship with Safi has taken her from life as an outcast into one of reckless adventure, where she is a cool, wary balance to Safi’s hotheaded impulsiveness. 
Safi and Iseult just want to be free to live their own lives, but war is coming to the Witchlands. With the help of the cunning Prince Merik (a Windwitch and ship’s captain) and the hindrance of a Bloodwitch bent on revenge, the friends must fight emperors, princes, and mercenaries alike, who will stop at nothing to get their hands on a Truthwitch.

Why I'm Waiting:

   Ever since I saw the cover, I've been dying to read it! And the summary alsvo empowers my want for it. Every time I see or hear anything about Truthwitch, I get really excited. Which is the exact same reason I'm sad that it doesn't come out until next year. Some people were so lucky to get their hands on Truthwitch at BEA. So I'm praying that my request to the publisher succeeds. 

   I don't read that many witch books but it's a high fantasy and I love that genre a ton. Plus I heard that there will be sexy pirates. And sea monsters! That ship on the cover is stunning as well as the sword. And that heroine looks so badass. 

What are you waiting for? Have you heard of Truthwitch? 


17 comments:

  1. I requested this one from the publisher too. My fingers are crossed so hard for it! Sexy pirates really have me sold on it. Great pick!

    Amber ❤ The Book Bratz
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes with pirates!! And crossing my fingers for both of us :D

      Delete
  2. I have seen so many people wanting this one and it was all over BEA hauls. I hope to get it when it gets out. I can't believe I am already wishing for books which come out next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really popular book at BEA that people actually ran for it. It actually releases very early next year.

      Delete
  3. This looks awesome! I've really been loving fantasy lately and this seems like a great pick. I love your blog, by the way!
    Here's my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always reading fantasy so when I saw this I started coveting it!! And thanks :)

      Delete
  4. You're going to love this book!!!! I just know it. It's so epic and complex and amazing and just everything I wanted and more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So jealous you've read it!! And I'm glad you loved it :)

      Delete
  5. Ugh I need Truthwitch in my life. Can't wait!!!
    My WOW is here: http://faithsbookspiration.blogspot.com/2015/07/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do!! Everyone that's read Truthwitch seems to love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I did hear a lot of people talking about this one in regards to BEA. I like witches, but I haven't read that many stories with them. Sounds really good. thanks for sharing.

    My WOW post is here this week: www.letsgetbeyondtolerance.blogspot.com

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was really popular at BEA. Didn't think there would be so much excitement like there was. And I've only read a couple of witch books and they weren't the greatest :/

      Delete
  8. Everyone's clamouring for this book. I hope it lives up to the hype. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too. I'll be so disappointed if I don't like it :/

      Delete
  9. I am SO excited for this book!! :D I'm borrowing a friend's ARC, and I can't wait to start it. Plus Sarah J Maas blurbed it, so I know I'll love it. Great pick!

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You lucky gal!! I hope I end up getting an early copy somehow because I'm just dying for it :D

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...