Monday, February 17, 2014

Review: Be With Me by J. Lynn

Be With Me by J. Lynn


Published by: William Morrow / Harper Collins
To Be Released on: February 4, 2014
Series: Wait for Me #2


Teresa Hamilton is having a rough year—she’s in love with her big brother’s best friend, but he hasn’t spoken to her since they shared a truly amazing, mind-blowing, change-your-life kiss. She got out of a terrible relationship. And now an injury is threatening to end her dance career for good. It’s time for Plan B – college. And maybe a chance to convince Jase that what they have together is real.

Jase Winstead has a huge secret that he’s not telling anyone. Especially not his best friend’s incredibly beautiful sister. Even though he and Teresa shared the hottest kiss of his life, he knows that his responsibilities must take priority. He certainly doesn’t have time for a relationship. But it doesn’t help that all he can think about kissing the one girl who could ruin everything for him.

As they’re thrown together more and more, Jase and Tess can’t keep denying their feelings for each other. But a familiar danger looms and tragedy strikes. As the campus recovers, the star-crossed couple must decide what they’re willing to risk to be together, and what they’re willing to lose if they’re not…


Pre-Order from: Amazon Barnes & Noble | Kindle | Nook 

My Review:

   This book was not what I was expecting. To be honest, I had to read the first book again because I had forgotten the characters. But going back to Wait For You (The first book of the series) made me fall in love with it. But unfortunately the same cannot be said about Be With Me.

   Be With Me is probably my least favorite book of Jennifer L. Armentrout's books. I feel like she ran of of ideas. Now I don't want to discourage anyone because this is my opinion. But I have to say this book isn't one of her best.

   The characters weren't really special to me. I didn't really fall in love with Jase. I found him irritating. Like seriously, he kisses Tess and he says it's a mistake. He does it like what 2 or 3 times. Then he gets jealous when she talks to a guy. Uh uh. He is not for me.

   I felt bad for Tess for having been abused by her ex and I'm glad she's not with him anymore. But she had to see herself through her roommate Debbie with her abusive boyfriend. And that twist at the end, it was all so sad.

   Now the love story was nice. I love those sexy scenes especially when Tess and Jase were making out in the hay. But I think it could have been better. I feel like this book focuses more on their real life problems than their relationship. And I felt like there should have been more drama. Like Steph tries to break them up or something.

   It wasn't all bad. I actually got really interested when Tess found out Jase's secret in the beginning. I really didn't expect that. And  I think that's what caught my attention and kept me reading the book. But then they go back to other things.

   To be honest, I found myself more interested when Cam and Avery were in the scenes. I really miss them. And I hate what Steph did. Being with Cam and then Jase.

   I think this book is good with the writing but my main problem with it would have to be the plot. I feel like it's not original. The whole little sister likes her big brother's best friend. I've read it before. And Jen also has an adult book written with a similar plot.

   Overall, this book was decent, but definitely not the worst. A lot of people seem to love Jase more than Cam but personally I'm more of a Cameron fan.

3.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...