Saturday, February 22, 2014

Review: Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers

Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers

Date Published: September 14, 2010
Format: Paperback, 365 pages
Publisher: Tor Teen
Source: Bought at Barnes and Noble
Series: Personal Demons, #1

Synopsis from Amazon:

Frannie Cavanaugh is a good Catholic girl with a wicked streak. She's spent years keeping everyone at a distance--even her closest friends--and it seems her senior year will be more of the same...until Luc Cain enrolls in her class. No one knows where he came from, but Frannie can't seem to stay away from him.

What she doesn't know is that Luc works in Acquisitions--for Hell--and she possesses a unique skill set that has the king of Hell tingling with anticipation. All Luc has to do is get her to sin, and he's as tempting as they come. Frannie doesn't stand a chance.

Unfortunately for Luc, Heaven has other plans, and the angel, Gabe, is going to do whatever it takes to make sure that Luc doesn't get what he came for. And it isn't long before they find themselves fighting for more than just her soul.

But if Luc fails, there will be Hell to pay...for all of them.


My Review:

   This book is on my top list of the best books ever read. Seriously. You cannot live or die without reading this book. It's genuinely awesome. And I am proud to say that it's my first book that was about demons because I used to just read about vampires. I'd give it a fan yourself award. That's how hot it is.

   This book is about a girl name Frannie, who's catholic and she possesses a gift that makes makes her not normal. A gift that hell wants. Luc comes in to tag her soul for hell and to do that, he has to make her sin. Frannie is attracted to Luc but then Gabe come in, an angel come to tag her soul for heaven.

   Luc is just pure (he's not pure;) hotness. A bad boy. I love being in his mind but I wish he would be more dirty minded that would make things more fun. And that one time when Frannie was passed out and he kissed her. That was hot. And she wakes up and kissed him back. Double hotness.

   Once Frannie finds out Luc's secret and she doesn't reject him, and wants to see the real him. I don't think this was realistic because there is no way that I would be upset that I was lied to. I would be running away from him in fear.

   When Gabe came in, I love that Luc became jealous. But I was also torn between Luc and Gabe; however there was only one that had my ultimate heart.

   This book was sexy, thrilling, refreshing, and original. I love that this book was in both Luc's and Frannie's point of view. It kept my attention from beginning to end. The characters, the writing, and the plot were very intriguing and I couldn't put it down. And when I finished the book, I didn't wait at all to read the second book.
5 Stars: Blew My Mind!! :D :D

1 comment:

  1. This book sounds really interesting and your review has spiked my interest even more. I will definitely have to come around to reading this little gem. In the meantime, if you are up to it, I have nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. :)

    http://karolinasbookshelf.blogspot.de/2014/02/the-liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...