Saturday, February 15, 2014

Review: Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins

Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins

Release Date: April 30, 2013
Format: Paperback, 371 pages
Publisher: HarperTeen
Source: Bought at Amazon
Series: Sweet Trilogy, #2

Synopis from goodreads:

Anna Whitt, the daughter of a guardian angel and a demon, promised herself she’d never do the work of her father—polluting souls. She’d been naive to make such a vow. She’d been naive about a lot of things.

Haunted by demon whisperers, Anna does whatever she can to survive, even if it means embracing her dark side and earning an unwanted reputation as her school’s party girl. Her life has never looked more bleak. And all the while there’s Kaidan Rowe, son of the Duke of Lust, plaguing her heart and mind.

When an unexpected lost message from the angels surfaces, Anna finds herself traveling the globe with Kopano, son of Wrath, in an attempt to gain support of fellow Nephilim and give them hope for the first time. It soon becomes clear that whatever freedoms Anna and the rest of the Neph are hoping to win will not be gained without a fight. Until then, Anna and Kaidan must put aside the issues between them, overcome the steamiest of temptations yet, and face the ultimate question: is loving someone worth risking their life?



My Review:

   Ever since I read the first book in the Sweet Trilogy, I've been highly anticipating the sequel to it and it was honestly the longest wait, EVER. I was dying to get a hold of this book that I waited 'till midnight of the release day to read it. I've stayed up all night and finished it. Then I woke up and re-read it again.

   The first book left off with Anna almost being killed but was saved by the angels. She didn't get a chance to say goodbye to Kaidan and then he leaves to L.A. She embarks on a journey with Kope to find allies and she connects with him and Kaidan overhears what went on with them through Marna. 

“I love you," I whispered.
"I've loved you longer," he said.


   Kaidan. I said I fell in love with him in the first book, well now I love him much much MUCH more. He finally relented. I wanted to smack him for hurting Anna in this book. But Anna also needed some smacking too for what she did with Kopano (Go read and find out). Though what Kaidan did with the other Anna was pretty stupid, it's like he was trying to replace Anna with someone who has her name and blonde hair. I admit that Kopano and Anna's scene was pretty hot, but I felt bad for Kaidan. But he still pushed her away and he got mad.

   I love Blake. He makes everything hilarious. I was laughing when he smacked Anna's butt and later told Kaidan about it. And I wish he gets together with Ginger.

“Ready to s-snuggle?" He asked Kaidan, a slight clatter in his voice. Only Blake could joke on a night like this and get away with it.
Kaidan shook his head and undressed down to his boxers, too, the tension finally shedding away from his frame. "I swear, mate. If I feel something poke me in the back. . ."
Blake's laugh was dry. "I'm pretty sure my junk froze off, man, so don't worry.”
 
   When I read Sweet Evil, I fell immensely in love it. But I know that I've read Sweet Peril I know that I love this even more. Never has there been a book sequel more perfect, well there has been but not as good as this book.

“Kaidan,” I whispered.
Looking half-asleep, he shushed me with a hot kiss, pulling my hips to crush us together. I whimpered into his mouth.
“God, those little sounds,” he said against my lips. “I want to hear how you sound when I make you—”
“Kai!” I practically leaped off him, and he sat up, eyes blazing, licking his lips. I was breathing hard. 


   Every scene with Anna and Kaidan were all sexy and hot. Especially when they have their one night together. Things really heated up in this book and I can't wait to see if they finally give in to temptation.

   A character dies in this book and I'm not going to say who but I was starting to like that person. The dukes are becoming really suspicious on Anna and her father. Damn Pharzuph and his virginity sniffing nose. And damn all the other dukes.

   After reading Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout, I've been searching like a maniac for a book that would make me love it like I love Obsidian. And ladies and gentlemen, I found that book. But I think it actually surpassed The Lux Series. It is that good. I love everything about this book. I don't think I have a complaint. It's honestly so perfect. The characters, the writing, the plot. I love it all.

   To put it all together, I nominate this as THE BEST BOOK IN THE WORLD. I'm sure I'll probably say this again for the last book in the series.

   If I could I would give this book a million stars as it deserves but my rating scale won't allow that so...

5 Stars: Blew My Mind!! :D :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...