Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The Liebster Blog Award

Thank you so much from Karolina from Karolina's Bookshelf Reflections for nominating me for The Liebster Blog Award. This is such an honor and I will gratefully accept this award. This is so exciting and I've been blogging for like 5 months now since October 2013 so this is a big milestone for me.




So this award is for blogs that are just starting out and they get recognition. And the rules for this award are:

The rules:

  • List 11 Facts about yourself.
  • Answer the 11 questions put forward by whoever nominated you.
  • Ask 11 new questions to 9 bloggers. They must have less than 200 followers on Bloglovin' (or there preferred method). You cannot re-nominate the blog that nominated you.
  • Go to their blog and inform them that they have been nominated!
Here we go!

11 Facts about me:

  1. My favorite color is green but I have no idea why.
  2. My birthday is on September.
  3. I want to become a writer and a book publisher.
  4. I have one older sister.
  5. I am addicted to Chinese food.
  6. I'm going to enter college the upcoming fall.
  7. I love reading laying down on my bed and pillow.
  8. I can't go to sleep without my dog or my heart shaped pillow. 
  9. My favorite author of all time is Jennifer L. Armentrout.
  10. I'm in love with Kaidan from The Sweet Trilogy by Wendy Higgins
  11. When I was little I wanted to be a vampire but now I want to be a werewolf :)

11 Questions from Karolina:


1. What prompted you to start blogging?

   I started reading reviews of book on Goodreads and I kept seeing some that redirected to people's blogs and that gained my interest. I saw many great blogs and it seemed like a lot of fun so I decided to make one. 

2. If you could choose to marry any character out of any book you read whom would you choose and why?

I think I would marry Kaidan from The Sweet Trilogy by Wendy Higgins.  As I stated above in the 11 facts about me, I'm really REALLY in love with him. I'd die if I met him. Something about him just attracts me especially since he is the son of the duke of lust. THAT is sexy. And he is also British and a drummer.

3. What is the weirdest thing you have ever done?

   If I ever did something weird, I don't remember. But when I was little, I used to watch Japanese anime, where there were superhero girls transform like Sailor Moon. I would sit in a rolling chair, roll around and pretend that I was pretending to transform like a magical girl in the shows did.

4. What is your favorite book series and why?

   My favorite book series would have to be between The Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout and The Sweet trilogy by Wendy Higgins. I've love those two since I've read them and I can't choose between them. But they're my favorite book series because they were so original and refreshing and the guys made me swoon so hard.

5. What is the last book you cried over?

   Well, I just finished White Hot Kiss (by Jennifer L. Armentrout) which came out this past Tuesday. And THAT ending :( It just killed me and I need the second book.
   
6. Which book would you like to give a different ending to than the author intended? What would it be?

SPOILERS FOR WHITE HOT KISS!!!!

   The book I would like to give a different ending to than the author intended is White Hot Kiss. I barely finished this book and it just came out this past Tuesday and I didn't like the ending (not that I didn't like the book, it was awesome but it was a cliffhanger). What I would change is that Roth didn't have to go into the fiery pit of hell and die, supposedly. We all know that he is a  main character and a love interest for Layla but we can never be sure if he's dead.

7. Which author (living or dead) would you like to meet given the chance? 

   I would enjoy meeting Jennifer L. Armentrout because she's the first author in which I've read all the books that the author has written. And I love them all. Her writing is exciting and original.

8. You are flying over the ocean with your whole library in tow. The plain crashes but you can save three books. Quick! Which ones will it be?

   Wow this would kill me if it happened. I think I'd save Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins, Endless Knight by Kresley Cole, and Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout. This would be so much easier if I could identify the books that I read the most.

9. Two characters from different books are in a cage-fight. Who are they and who would win?

   It would be Daemon from The Lux Series and Kaiden from The Sweet Trilogy. As to who would win, it could be both. But realistically, it would be Daemon since he has his alien powers and Kaiden has his knives that he know how to defend himself with.

10. Say you never fell under the spell of reading. What would you being right now?

   I would probably be surfacing the web and watching anime shows like I used to before I began to read like a maniac.

11. You can be anyone you want. Living person or fictional character. Who would you be and why?


   This is actually really hard. I don't think that I would be able to choose because of the female characters that I love have some hard lives that they go through. But If I had to choose, I would go with Layla from White Hot Kiss because there's Zayne and Roth. :D *fans myself*

My 11 Questions for my Nominees:

  1. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? Why?
  2. What supernatural creature would you be? Werewolf, vampire, witch, shapeshifter, etc. Why?
  3. If you could be a character in a book, who would you be and why?
  4. What book character would you want to be stuck on an island with and why?
  5. Why did you choose to start blogging? Why?
  6. Who's your favorite author? Why?
  7. If you could control an element, which would you want to have? Water, fire, earth, air, electricity?
  8. If there was an apocalypse and you could only keep 5 books, which would you choose? 
  9. What is something you can't live without? (Besides blogging and books)
  10. What is a book you are dying to read for 2014?
  11. If you could enter a book world, what book world would it be? Why?

For the Liebster Blog Award I nominate:

  1. Lea from The Yearning Mermaid
  2. Sarah from Words With Sarah
  3. Kristen from Pretty Little Pages
  4. Gabby from Bookmarks & Bookshelves
  5. Caroline from The Attic
  6. Orange Owls & Books
  7. Nikkita from NjKinny's World of Books
  8. Zareena from Books and Books
  9. Annoushka from Annoushka Reads
  10. Elizabeth from so long and thanks for all the fish
  11. Johana from Challenging Reads

6 comments:

  1. Congrats Karina on winning and thank you for nominating me.. :)
    Its grt to connect with you.. :)
    Followed you via GFC..
    Will prepare the award acceptance post soon and let you know the link.. :)
    -Nikita @ Njkinny's World of Books
    My FBQ(2) Blog Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for nominating me! I've already been chosen but thanks again :)

    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh! This is so exciting. Thank you so much for nominating me. I'll be putting up my acceptance post in a bit. (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey,
    Here is my acceptance post. :)
    My Liebster Award Acceptance Post

    -Njkinny @ Njkinny's World of Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! Here is my Acceptance Post.
    Thanks for nominating me!
    My Acceptance Post

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...