Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #3

See Me by Wendy Higgins

Release Date: March 17, 2014
Publisher: Self-published

Synopsis from Goodreads:

While most seventeen-year-old American girls would refuse to let their parents marry them off to a stranger, Robyn Mason dreams of the mysterious McKale in Ireland, wondering how he’ll look and imagining his cute Irish accent. Prearranged bindings are common for magical families like her own, however when she travels to the whimsical Emerald Isle she discovers there’s more to her betrothal and McKale’s clan than she was led to believe.

What starts as an obligatory pairing between Robyn and McKale morphs over time into something they both need. But one giant obstacle stands the way of their budding romance: a seductive and deadly Fae princess accustomed to getting what she wants—and what she wants is McKale as her plaything. Love, desire, and jealousies collide as Robyn’s family and McKale’s clan must work together to outsmart the powerful Faeries and preserve the only hope left for their people.


27 MORE DAYS UNTIL THE RELEASE!!!

I was so excite when I saw the beautiful cover and summary of See Me. It was really intriguing and I've always search for books that tell a story of an arranged marriage and when I read the synopsis for this book, I told myself that I finally found the book. But then sadly the author, Wendy, decided to shelf the book and I was deeply saddened. And just today, she decided to enlighten us with the big news that she will publish this book next month.

I can't wait to read to see how Robyn and McKale meet, McKale's Irish accent, and how their relationship grows. Then the conflict of the fae princess and how she wants McKale. I already know that I am not going to like her and I will wish that I was in the book just so that I could kick her fairy ass.

I really love green and I love that the cover is full of greenness and shamrocks. It's so stunning.

4 comments:

  1. What a pretty cover! Just in time for St. Pat's Day! Hope you enjoy
    Here's mine....
    http://mytime2read.blogspot.com/2014/02/waiting-on-wednesday-feb-26.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh nice! Saw this one at another blog! Sounds like an intriguing read! Hope you enjoy it!
    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that cover, I will have to check it out!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover is gorgeous! This is an awesome pick. I already love two things about it: 1) the relationship is arranged and I find those really interesting and 2) the fairy princess wants the human guy. That's so rare! It's usually fairy prince wants human girl...definitely adding to my TBRs.

    Skylar @Life of a Random

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...