Saturday, November 8, 2014

Review: From Ashes by Molly McAdams

From Ashes by Molly McAdams

Date Published: April 16, 2013
Publisher: Willian Morrow Paperbacks
Format: E-book, 416 pages
Series: From Ashes, #1


Summary from Goodreads:
Aside from her dad, who passed away when she was six, Cassidy Jameson has only ever trusted one man: her best friend, Tyler. So of course she follows him to Texas when he leaves for college. She just didn't expect to be so drawn to their new roommate, Gage, a gorgeous guy with a husky Southern drawl. The only problem? He's Tyler's cousin. 
Gage Carson was excited to share an apartment off campus with his cousin. He didn't mind that Tyler was bringing the mysterious friend he'd heard about
since they were kids ... until the most beautiful girl he's ever seen jumps out of his cousin's Jeep. There's something about Cassi that makes Gage want to give her everything. Too bad Tyler has warned him that she's strictly off-limits.

Despite everything keeping them apart, Cassi and Gage dance dangerously close to the touch they're both been craving. But when disaster sends her running into Tyler's arms, Cassi will have to decide whether to face the demons of her past ... or to burn her chance at a future with Gage.

My Review:


   I N T E N S E. That's exactly the word that I would use to describe this book. Without a doubt is one of my most favorite New Adult contemporary books of all time. It gave me so many feels. I was crying, I was laughing, and I was pissed. Oh My Goddess. It's so insane so be prepared for that. Just have a box of tissues ready.

   Cassidy's home was so messed up. The things her mother and her boyfriend did to her was so unimaginable. It's insane and I really felt for her. But luckily she always had her childhood friend, Tyler, to go to for help. He always had to patch her up. She never wanted to tell anyone, she only confided in him. But then when they grow older and Tyler is off to college, he packs Cassidy's things and takes her with him. This was okay to her because her mother was just too abusive and so vile. It's a bit unrealistic but the book had to keep going. Besides it wouldn't have been too fun if it took too long to get her away. 

   Off to a brand new life they go, Tyler tells Cassie to make friends and that she does. This is where Gage comes in. He is just too effing sexy. No words to describe his awesomeness and sexyness. Readers are going to fall in love with him. He's too gorgeous. I love him so much. And I love him and Cassie. They're just too perfect. They grow closer and Tyler starts to change for the worse. He starts to get jealous as you see from the beginning that he already had feelings for his childhood friend. He starts telling lies and I grew to hate him. He was such an asshole and I wanted to scream and punch him in the face. He even makes Cassie do things with him but she did it anyway because she didn't want to loose him since he was all she had. 

   There is a lot of drama in this novel, guys, so be prepared for that. That's why there's so many feels. It's going to make you want to slam the book at some points. But that's good because it never gets boring and you always want to know what happens next. 

   My only complaint on this entire book is that Cassie at one point travels somewhere, I forgot where, but she meets this guy. And they do stuff. I really hated this part and I wanted to skip it. It made me so frustrated. But don't stress about it too much like I did once it's over and you finish this book you'll kind of forget it.

   I think that at some point in your lives, you have to read this book. It's a must for everyone unless you hate drama 'cause you get a TON in this novel. Like A LOT a lot. But I promise it doesn't get boring so just give it a try because you get to read about Gage. It was weird though because Gage was the name of the high school that I went to. It was strange saying his name but he's still hot either way.


5 Stars: Out of This World 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...