Wednesday, November 26, 2014

{Waiting on Wednesday} Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, where we get to talk about upcoming releases that we're highly anticipating.

This Week I Chose:

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

Release Date: February 10, 2015
Publisher: Harper Teen
A thrilling new fantasy trilogy for fans of DIVERGENT and THE HUNGER GAMES.
The poverty stricken Reds are commoners, living under the rule of the Silvers, elite warriors with god-like powers.
To Mare Barrow, a 17-year-old Red girl from The Stilts, it looks like nothing will ever change.
Mare finds herself working in the Silver Palace, at the centre of those she hates the most. She quickly discovers that, despite her red blood, she possesses a deadly power of her own. One that threatens to destroy Silver control.
But power is a dangerous game. And in this world divided by blood, who will win?

Why I'm Waiting:

   I've been wanting to read this since I saw the Epic Reads ladies show it to us on their show (Tea Time). It just sounds so cool and right up my alley. And also that cover is so pretty. It looks plain and simple but it just draws me in. It's also so cool that the author is so young. She's very close to my age.

    I'm really hoping that they may have arcs of this at ALA since I'm going there. But either way, it's not too far away from the release date!!!!


3 comments:

  1. I'm anxiously awaiting this one too! I hope you get an ARC :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so with you on this one! I can't wait to finally read it. Good luck with the arc =D
    Monique @ Mo_Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to get my hands on this! SO epic!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...