Wednesday, November 19, 2014

{Waiting on Wednesday} Invaded by Melissa Landers


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, where we get to talk about upcoming releases that we're highly anticipating.

This Week I Chose:

Invaded by Melissa Landers

Release Date: Febuary 3, 2015
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Series: Alienated, #1


Summary from Goodreads: 
The romantic sequel to Alienated takes long-distance relationships to a new level as Cara and Aelyx long for each other from opposite ends of the universe...until a threat to both their worlds reunites them.

Cara always knew life on planet L’eihr would be an adjustment. With Aelyx, her L’eihr boyfriend, back on Earth, working to mend the broken alliance between their two planets, Cara is left to fend for herself at a new school, surrounded by hostile alien clones. Even the weird dorm pet hates her.

Things look up when Cara is appointed as human representative to a panel preparing for a human colony on L’eihr. A society melding their two cultures is a place where Cara and Aelyx could one day make a life together. But with L’eihr leaders balking at granting even the most basic freedoms, Cara begins to wonder if she could ever be happy on this planet, even with Aelyx by her side.

Meanwhile, on Earth, Aelyx, finds himself thrown into a full-scale PR campaign to improve human-L’eihr relations. Humans don’t know that their very survival depends on this alliance: only Aelyx’s people have the technology to fix the deadly contamination in the global water supply that human governments are hiding. Yet despite their upper hand, the leaders of his world suddenly seem desperate to get humans on their side, and hardly bat an eye at extremists’ multiple attempts on Aelyx’s life.

The Way clearly needs humans’ help . . . but with what? And what will they ask for in return?

Why I'm Waiting: 

Why must it still be so far away? There's like only 3 months away and I've been waiting for it since I finished the first book. I confess that I gave the first book 3 stars but I was on the edge of 3 or 4 stars. But I have a feeling that the second will be B I G G E R! It left me so on the edge and I want to know more. Plus the covers are gorgeous. And I'm on the verge of falling for Aelyx.

But the thing that I hate is that they are going to be separated!!! NOOO!! It's not a spoiler as it's clearly stated in the summary. I'm guessing that they'll be apart for half of the book or maybe they reunite faster. I hope that part doesn't drag. But honestly so excited that I don't care now.


3 comments:

  1. I need to read this series still, but it looks really interesting. I'm definitely going to have to check it out. Thanks for sharing.

    here's my Wow

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have to read the first one, I do have it, so I think I'll start it soon, or at least nearer this release date. ;)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't read the first yet but I will since this sounds like a good one :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...