Friday, November 14, 2014

Review: Through the Zombie Glass by Gena Showalter

Through the Zombie Glass by Gena Showalter

Date Published: September 24, 2013
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Format: E-book, 480 pages
Series: The White Rabbit Chronicles, #2

Summary from Goodreads:

Zombies stalk the night. Forget blood and brains. These monsters hunger for human souls. Sadly, they've got mine... 
Alice Bell has lost so much. Family. Friends. A home. She thought she had nothing else to give. She was wrong. 
After a new zombie attack, strange things begin to happen to her. Mirrors come to life, and the whispers of the dead assault her ears. But the worst? A terrible darkness blooms inside her, urging her to do very
wicked things. 
She's never needed her team of zombie slayers more, but ultra bad-boy Cole Holland, the leader and her boyfriend, suddenly withdraws from her...from everyone. Now, with her best friend Kat at her side, Ali must kill the zombies, uncover Cole's secret and learn to fight the darkness. 
But the clock is ticking...and if she fails at a single task, they're all doomed.

My Review:

   I find myself fanning my face with the steamy scenes between Ali and Cole. I love that the author makes it more upper YA. It just makes it all the more fun and all the more of a reason to read it. Go start it now...

   We continue with Alice's adventures with her all hands down sexy boyfriend, Cole Holland, in the zombie slaying world. They have to deal with Anima, the evil company that would rather test on the zombies then to kill them. They also test on regular people and are a huge problem to the slayers. Then Ali seems to have grown another personality. But it's not really her. It's like an evil entity is inside her, taking control of her body.

   But another part of the story deals with Ali and Cole experiencing a vision, Cole starts avoiding Ali. She has no clue why he's acting weird with her. But then he starts being more around with this other newly arrived character, Veronica, who is also a slayer from another city. She also happens to be Cole's ex. I really didn't like her AT ALL. I wanted to slam my book down a couple of times.

   But for those who really hate love triangles, do not be alarmed. There isn't one. I'll just say that Veronica is a problem to be reckoned with. Another obstacle in the way of their relationship. I really love Ali so much when she got in a fight with her. I was like woot woot, you go girl!! I wish it was me though. It really settled my mind.

   There was also another new character named Gavin, who is all sorts of a womanizer. He really treats girls as toys. I couldn't help but like him. But not because of how he chooses to be but because of how he acts. He's too funny at the things he says. But he's also a problem in the relationship of Ali and Cole (Noo, it's not a love square either). I'll let you all read on and figure out my meaning.

   The way Cole acted towards Ali made me want to smack him to get it together. I hated the scenes he had with Veronica. He crossed all line that I won't forget about. And maybe his reasons were just excuses. He made me so frustrated. Why is it that he is so lovable? He just is!! I can't help it. He's such an alpha male. He's not controlling but he's so sexy and a bad boy. But he's not a boy at all. He's man candy!!! Come and get it.

   Through The Zombie Glass is such a thrilling ride that you just don't want to get off of. It gives you all the fun feelings yet all the crazy ones too. It leaves you wanting for more (And when I say more, I mean more Cole). The romance is intense and yet so sexy. It's got you on the right edge and you'll be left rushing for the third and final installment in the series.

5 Stars: Out of This World!!

4 comments:

  1. really.. another zombie adaptation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually this is the second book to Alice in Zombieland. This is actually my first series with zombies. I guess you've read too many, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that the whole trilogy's out I'm excited to pick up all the books and marathon them! Looking forward to some Ali and Cole times ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love her adult series. I've not tried this series yet but definitely plan on it at some point :) Sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...