Saturday, June 21, 2014

Stacking the Shelves #2

Stacking The Shelves is a weekly meme, hosted by Tynga's Reviews. It's all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves; books you buy in physical stores or online; books you borrow from friends or the library, gifts, and  e-books!


Given:

I know an awesome and cool lady named Anna from a bookstore called Open Book (Chicago). And she gave me the above books for me to read and I've always seen them and have been wanting to read them. And now I've got them :D

1. Wonder by R.J. Palacio
2. Splintered by A.G. Howard
3. Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
4. Divergent by Veronica Roth
5. Untamed by P.C. Cast + Kristin Cast
6. The Monstrumologist by Rick Yancey
7. Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard
8. Firelight by Sophie Jordan

For Review:

I also got an ARC of Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas from the publisher to write a review. I read the previous two books in the series and love LOVE them. And the main character is such a badass. I can't wait to get started. So thank you Bloomsbury Publishing for sending me a copy. And my dog was not included but isn't he adorable?




Won:

On last week's stacking the shelves, I said that I had won Jennifer L. Armentrout's contest and look what came in. I already had Don't Look Back and White Hot Kiss by her so now I have double copies of those. But now they are signed!!! And look, STONE COLD TOUCH!!!!! And I confess that I have already read it and it completely surpassed White Hot Kiss. It was big and beyond and I have to get working on that review.
1. Lux Consequences (Opal & Origin) 
2. Lux Beginnings (Obsidian & Onyx)
3. Don't Look Back 
4. White Hot Kiss
5. Stone Cold Touch (ARC)
(All by Jennifer L. Armentrout and Signed :D)

The picture to the right are the other books that were included in the prize. I've read all the summaries and they all seem intriguing. Of course I have to read it, Jen read them so I have to as well ;) And they are also signed. SCORE!!
1. Try Not to Breath by Jennifer R. Hubbard
2. Pretty Crooked by Elisa Ludwig
3. Send Me a Sign by Tiffany Schmidt
4. In The After by Demitria Lunetta
5. Pieces of Us by Margie Gelbwasser
6. Shallow Pond Alissa Grosso
7. Weather Witch by Shannon Delany
      8. The Secret Diamond Sisters by Michelle Madow

The next photo are swag that came in the JLA price pack. They are fan art of her books that were sent to her. She went and printed them out as photos. I thought they would just be like printing paper. But it's the nice art prints that you can frame and it has the glowing and smooth look.








These are bookmarks that came in the JLA price and I love them. I have hundreds of bookmarks but not from Jennifer and now I do. And I want to go and use them all and I can't decide which to use first. It's frustrating.







6 comments:

  1. WOW!!! You have had an amazing week book wise! That prize you one from JLA is incredible, so many great books to choose from. I just got Heir of Fire and have to read the first two books in the series before I can get to it, have heard amazing things so I am excited for that. I hope you enjoy all your reads this week :) Here's my STS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the awesome wins! And I LOVED Splintered, hope you do! :) Happy reading!

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Tons of great wins! All those Jennifer L. Armentrout books! I've been wanting to read Splintered, Firelight, and Something Strange and Deadly forever. A very nice gift. Thanks for stopping by!

    Jennifer @ Some Like It Paranormal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a ton of great books! I can't wait for Heir of Fire, and I'm in love with the cover. I still need to read Something Strange and Deadly, I'm so behind! Happy reading :)

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jealous of the JLA haul! Enjoy your new additions!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...