Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Review: Prince of Wolves by Quinn Loftis

Prince of Wolves by Quinn Loftis

Date Published: June 29, 2011
Format: ebook, 238 pages
Source: Bought
Series: The Grey Wolves Series, #1
Purchase Links: Amazon / Barnes and Noble/ Book Depository

Synopsis from Goodreads:


Jacque Pierce was just an ordinary 17 year old girl getting ready to start her senior year in high school in Coldspring, Texas. When a mysterious foreign exchange student from Romania moves in across the street, Jacque and her two best friends, Sally and Jen, don't realize the last two weeks of their summer was going to get a lot more interesting. From the moment Jacque sets eyes on Fane she feels an instant connection, a pull like a moth to a flame. Little does she know that the flame she is drawn to is actually a Canis Lupus, werewolf, and she just happens to be his
mate; the other half of his soul. The problem is Fane is not the only wolf in Coldspring, Texas. Just as Fane and Jacque are getting to know each other, another wolf steps out to try and claim Jacque as his mate. Fane will now have to fight for the right to complete the mating bond, something that is his right by birth but is being denied him by a crazed Alpha. Will the love Fane has for Jacque be enough to give him the strength to defeat his enemy, will Jacque accept that she is Fane's mate and complete the bond between them?

My Review:

   I've never really read self-published books because they're generally not the best books out there but I actually liked how Prince of Wolves turned out. At the time that I read it, I was looking for werewolf stories. At first I thought that it would be cheesy but it was a very happy and cute cheesy. Not that bad at all.

   The main character, Jacque, meets Fane and she learns that she can hear him speak to her in her mind. She quickly learns that she's only half human. The things she is told astounds her and her will never return to normal. But she faces it together with her spirited friends and mother. But things aren't so simple when there's two alpha males involved. Especially when one of them claims that Jacque is his property. The alpha challenges Fane for Jacque and things get out of hand from there. But the love that sprouts from Jacque and Fane is so winsome. It just makes the reader keep reading to find out what will become of them.

  The plot line of the series really draws the reader in. And it had witty characters like Jen. She's really random and enjoyable. Because of Prince of Wolves, I fell in love with werewolf stories. It clearly shows that there was some research done and I learned a bit of about the mating of werewolves. It was beautifully done. When it came to the romance, I fell in love with Fane. Something about alpha males just makes me love them. And that's exactly what Fane is.

   I recommend people read this book after reading a sad book and they want to be happy again. This definitely felt like warm, happy read. Not a lot of terrible things happened and, overall, I really liked how things turned out.


   
4 Stars: A Great Read! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...