Monday, August 11, 2014

Review: Gabriel's Redemption by Sylvain Reynard

Gabriel's Redemption by Sylvain Reynard

Release Date: December 3, 2013
Format: Paperback, 477 pages
Publisher: Berkley Trade
Source: ARC provided by the publisher
Series: Gabriel's Inferno, #3

Purchase Links: Amazon / Barnes and NobleBook Depository

Synopsis from Goodreads:


Professor Gabriel Emerson has left his position at the University of Toronto to embark on a new life with his beloved Julianne. Together, he’s confident that they can face any challenge. And he’s eager to become a father.

But Julianne’s graduate program threatens Gabriel’s plans, as the pressures of being a student become all consuming. When she is given the honor of presenting an academic lecture at Oxford, Gabriel is forced to confront her about the
subject of her presentation – research that conflicts with his own. And in Oxford, several individuals from their past appear, including an old nemesis intent on humiliating Julia and exposing one of Gabriel’s darkest secrets.

In an effort to confront his remaining demons, Gabriel begins a quest to discover more about his biological parents, beginning a chain of events that has startling repercussions for himself, Julianne, and his hope of having a family.

My Review:

  When I heard that the author was writing another book for this series, I squealed and jumped up and down because I was sad that it would end with the second book but it did not. And I was so delighted when I was able to read this early on. And I have to admit that this third book in the series was not necessary at all because it could have easily ended with Gabriel's Rapture but it was a lovely addition to the series. And I think it really concluded the series very well.
   We see Julianne and Gabriel adjusting to being newly weds and learning to live with each other. But they also learn how to coexist with one another after the honeymoon stage. We learn of Gabriel's deep desire and that is to have a child with Julia; but Julia's fear is that it too soon especially since she is currently in her graduate program. Then there is the conflict of Gabriel needing to start talking about his vasectomy reversal. They were unsure of whether it would be possible. Then Gabriel starts contemplating adoption instead because of possible genetic problems that he could pass on to the baby. He starts researching more about his family's medical history and he learns more about his biological parents along the way.
   The romance has always been my most favorite thing about this series. The way the author portrays the love between Gabriel and Julia has always drawn me in. The lines that are shared have a touch of sensuality. It just dazzles the reader, leaving us wanting for more. And I love how even though this is an adult book, the author doesn't really get into the descriptive details during the love scene. She has a way of making you feel in love and that it's not just lust. The writing is truly a work of art.
   Then we have our characters, who might I say, have grown a lot since we first saw them in Gabriel's Inferno. Julia has definitely matured and grown up since the first book. She's not this fragile girl that we saw. She's a strong independent woman and she can stand up for herself. And she's not afraid to defend her work from Gabriel even though she loves him.
   Gabriel learns so much from Julia about how to really love himself and know that he's not a bad person. He continues to amaze us all with his poetic lines. And his skills of seducing are radiating. He's such a gentleman when he wants to be but then he shows us his fierce side.
   Gabriel's Redemption will keep you on your tippy toes the entire time. You'll beg for more after it ends. But overall, the conclusion will be highly satisfying. It's got a very alluring, sexy romance that anyone can get into.
   
4 Stars: A great read! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...