Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Review: Wait For You by J. Lynn

Wait For You by J. Lynn

Release Date: February 26, 2013
Format: E-book, 332 pages
Publisher: Avon
Source: Bought at Amazon
Series: Wait For You, #1


Synopsis from Goodreads:

Some things are worth waiting for…

Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago—an event that forever changed her life. All she needs to do is make it to her classes on time, make sure the bracelet on her left wrist stays in place, not draw any attention to herself, and maybe—please God—make a few friends, because surely that would be a nice change of pace. The one thing she didn’t need and never planned on was capturing the attention of the one guy who could

shatter the precarious future she’s building for herself.

Some things are worth experiencing…

Cameron Hamilton is six feet and three inches of swoon-worthy hotness, complete with a pair of striking blue eyes and a remarkable ability to make her want things she believed were irrevocably stolen from her. She knows she needs to stay away from him, but Cam is freaking everywhere, with his charm, his witty banter, and that damn dimple that’s just so… so lickable. Getting involved with him is dangerous, but when ignoring the simmering tension that sparks whenever they are around each other becomes impossible, he brings out a side of her she never knew existed.

Some things should never be kept quiet…
But when Avery starts receiving threatening emails and phone calls forcing her to face a past she wants silenced, she’s has no other choice but to acknowledge that someone is refusing to allow her to let go of that night when everything changed. When the devastating truth comes out, will she resurface this time with one less scar? And can Cam be there to help her or will he be dragged down with her?

And some things are worth fighting for…


My Review:

   Sexy. Hilarious. Hot. Witty. Addictive. Intense. Those are the words I'd use to describe what the book was like. It was utterly breath taking. There was a lot of swoon-worthy moments.
   Our protagonist, Avery, is entering college that is far far away from her home to get away from her dark past. She wants to leave all that behind and start all over. And she gets that. She meets two new friends, who I thoroughly enjoyed. Then she meets Cam. The sexy guy who has a pet turtle and knows how to bake. But there's something that he doesn't want Avery to know. And Avery also doesn't want him to know of her past.
   They start off as just Astronomy partners but then he keeps on asking her out. And we can feel their attraction but Avery keeps holding back because of her past. I really loved their scenes together, it was so hot and intensifying. And you'll love it even more because of Cam. Gosh, I ship them so much.
    Past Avery was probably a wild party chick who I would not have been able to relate to. But present Avery is who I am most alike. She's now shy and she's more of a quiet reserved girl. It almost seemed like she was afraid of guys when she bumped into Cam for the first time. And Cam is like the complete opposite of her. He's really popular and girls fall head over heels for him. He hangs out at lots of parties. And he's experienced if you know what I mean ;) He's such a gentleman and I fell madly in love with him. There really are no word to describe him but he's perfect.
   There was this theme going on throughout the whole book about secrets. It sort of created the conflict between Avery and Cam. Because as you all know, secrets in a relationship is something that can potentially destroy it. If there isn't trust, then there is nothing. It's something that Cam and Avery had to learn. And it was something that was really hard for Avery. I really loved the theme being in the book, it's something that actually made me adore the book even more.
   This really is one of my most favorite books from Jennifer L. Armentrout. At least from her contemporary books. The romance, guys, the romance is electrifying and I can't get enough of it. Everything about this book just made me laugh. I loved the characters so much. Even the side characters were awesome. Except for Avery's parents because they were so cold hearted especially the mom. And once you get to the ending, everything starts to make sense. And you really feel for Avery and what she had to go through. But the way that Cam comforted her was such an act of love. I loved watching those two finding each other and starting something so beautiful.
   Now go, go, GO!! I promise you that you'll love it so much. If you're into hot guys and contemporary, then this is the book for you. And it's written by Jennifer L. Armentrout who is one of the greatest authors out there. You'll fall in love with her writing style and you notice it because almost every line that a character say is remarkable and not boring. You'll never find yourself bored and unkempt. You'll want to finish it in one sitting.

5 Stars: Blew my mind!! :D :D

2 comments:

  1. I love a good romance especially if it's sexy and hilarious! Great review. I'm definitely thinking about picking this one up :)

    Eileen @ BookCatPin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..grt review..I have the book but am to start on it yet...:)

    -Nikita @Njkinny's World of Books & Stuff

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...