Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #10

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, where we get to talk about upcoming releases that we're highly anticipating.

Stay with Me by J. Lynn

Release Date: September 23, 2014
Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks

Summary from Goodreads:

At 21, Calla hasn’t done a lot of things. She’s never been kissed, never seen the ocean, never gone to an amusement park. But growing up, she witnessed some things no child ever should. She still carries the physical and emotional scars of living with a strung-out mother, Mona—secrets she keeps from everyone, including her close circle of college friends.
But the safe cocoon Calla has carefully built is shattered when she discovers her mom has stolen her college money and run up a huge credit card debt in her name. Now, Calla has to go back to the small town she thought she'd left behind and clean up her mom’s mess again. Of course, when she arrives at her mother’s bar, Mona is nowhere to be found. Instead, six feet of hotness named Jackson James is pouring drinks and keeping the place humming.

Sexy and intense, Jax is in Calla’s business from the moment they meet, giving her a job and helping her search for Mona. And the way he looks at her makes it clear he wants to get horizontal . . . and maybe something more. Before Calla can let him get close, though, she’s got to deal with the pain of the past—and some very bad guys out to mess her up if she doesn’t give them her mom.


Why I'm Waiting:

   It's another Jennifer L. Armentrout book. Do I need to say more? 'Cause I've read every single book that she wrote. They're the best of the best. And I really loved Wait for Me so effing much. I can't get enough of it. And Jen says that this is her favorite book of the series so far. I gotta have it now like right now!! I love this series and I'm really interested to read about Calla's story. And then I want to read about Jax. A new character that we have never before seen. But his name for some reason already makes me like him. He seems to be a bad boy and I'm a sucker for bad boys. Plus the little snippets of the book that we have gotten are so good.

42 Days Left!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Haha my WoW post is about Stay with Me as well. I really liked the books before this and I seriously can't wait for this to be released. Unfortunately I haven't read that many books from Jennifer L. Armentrout but the ones I did read were freaking amazing.
    Great pick.
    Here's mine: http://reading-is-dreaming-with-open-eyes.blogspot.hu/2014/08/waiting-on-wednesday-9-stay-with-me-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love J.Lynn so I am very excited for this book :)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of her NA or Adult yet, but I haven't read all her YA yet either, haha. So many though!

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the first book and I can't wait to start it so I can get to this one!

    Our WoW @ Lazy Book Lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't realise JLA had another book coming out soon! I haven't read this series yet, I will admit, I have better luck with her YA books than her NA's. I need to have a proper look through them all, and give some more a chance. Hope you love it when it's released!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only read her Lux series but people have just been raving about her NA books! Great pick :)

    Here's My WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still have not read a Jennifer L. Armentrout book. Hopefully I can start the Lux series soon. Then maybe I will try one of her NA books because they look really interesting.
    Blue Books and Butterflies

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...