Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: The Queen of Zombie Hearts


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, where we get to talk about upcoming releases that we're highly anticipating.

This Week I Chose:

The Queen of Zombie Hearts by Gena Showalter

Release Date: September 30, 2014
Publisher: Harlequin Teen

Summary from Goodreads:

I have a plan.

We'll either destroy them for good, or they'll destroy us.

Either way, only one of us is walking away.

Alice 'Ali' Bell thinks the worst is behind her. She's ready to take the next step with boyfriend Cole Holland, the leader of the zombie slayers; until Anima Industries, the agency controlling the zombies, launches a sneak attack, killing four of her friends. It's then she realizes that humans can be more dangerous than monsters; and the worst has only begun.

As the surviving slayers prepare for war, Ali discovers she, too, can control the zombies and she isn't the girl she thought she was. She's connected to the woman responsible for killing and turning Cole's mother. How can their relationship endure? As secrets come to light, and more slayers are taken or killed, Ali will fight harder than ever to bring down Anima even sacrificing her own life for those she loves.

Why I'm Waiting:

   Cole is the reason I am waiting. He is my ultimate favorite bad boy like ever!!! He's on the top 5 of my book boyfriends list. But I'm also anxiously waiting to see what will happen to Kat with her sickness and Frosty. And of course Ali. The summary makes me feel like a break up is going to come up. I really really want to read this right now!!! I have no doubt that it will be absolutely remarkable and that the ending will blow me away.


   You have to add this to your TBR list. Cole is like the teenage version of an alpha male. You know like the ones we see in adult books. Oh yeah. If we were to see Cole in a new adult or adult novel, I'd faint. There would be no words.



13 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this one yet! Great choice. :)

    Arlene @ WinterHaven Books
    http://winterhavenbooks.blogspot.com/2014/08/waiting-on-wednesday-61.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Alice in Wonderland this year and I can't wait to start Through the Zombie Glass and then this book.
    Great choice. :)
    Here's my WoW: http://reading-is-dreaming-with-open-eyes.blogspot.hu/2014/08/waiting-on-wednesday-10-beautiful-ashes.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to start this series! I've heard such good things and it sounds like a different take on zombies.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to read the first book. Great pick!

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this series. Cole is a great character that you really come to enjoy. Great pick.

    Grace @ Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only read Alice in Zombieland so far, wasn't exactly my favourite, but still want to finish the series! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh I can't wait to check this one out either! Its going to be great ;)

    Nemo @ Blame it on the Book

    ReplyDelete
  8. I skimmed over the summary (in case it has spoilers) but I am so excited for this book even though I haven't read Through the Zombie Glass just yet. Alice in Zombieland was awesome! (And yesssss, Cole!!!) Great pick!

    Check out my Wow post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the first book in this series. I really need to get caught up on the rest of the books one day! :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been wanting to pick up this series for a long time and now I really have to meet Cole hahaha ;)

    Eileen @ BookCatPin

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to keep reading this series, I just have read the first one
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pick! I really need to start this series soon, and you've convinced me to move it up my TBR list. I'm very curious about Cole!

    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, I lurved the first book in this series! I'm behind on reading, haven't read the second book yet, but I've decided to push this series to the top middle of the pile :)
    Here's my Wow
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...