Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Review: Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Date Published: December 11, 2012
Format: Paperback, 382
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Source: Bought
Series: The Lux Series, #3
Purchase Links: Amazon / Barnes and Noble/ Book Depository

Synopsis from Goodreads:

No one is like Daemon Black. 
When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on. 
But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love. 
After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in
the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever. 
Together we’re stronger... and they know it.

My Review:

   I'm proud to say that when I started to read this series, Opal was already out. Though I wish I was there from the very beginning but oh well, life sucks. But I don't regret a single moment because I love The Lux series so much. There's not a single part of the books that I hate.
   When I finished Onyx, I absolutely jumped into Opal immediately, no questions asked. I freaking loved it and the ending destroyed me. It had me in tears and I had to have the next book. But to no avail, the next book was not released when I finished Opal. There was so many feels and that only happens when I can connect with a book.
   It actually picks off where we left off, just a couple days into the story when Dawson returned. And he's changed completely. He's damaged from everything he had to go through from being held captive for two years. And now that he's free, he wants to go back. For Beth, his girlfriend, who he turned into a hybrid like Daemon turned Katy. But she's still held captive with the DOD. The plot centers around getting her back. And the writing was very phenomenal. I loved watching the story unfold.
   Katy is now facing her consequences for what she did in Onyx and Dee isn't talking to her. But she has finally accepted Daemon's feelings. And that they aren't just a result of their alien connection. She's almost sure that she loves him and him her. I love how she's such a little kick-ass character with her powers. She doesn't put up with anyone's crap and she'll prove it.
   Then there's Daemon, our sexy alien, who so happens to be so arrogant and cocky. But he's also possessive with Katy especially when she's around Blake. And I loved his reactions, it cracked me up. In Opal, he changes a lot. He now shows Katy his endearing side of him and I love it. He's evolved a lot since Obsidian, where he was such a jerk and an asshole. Major character development here! He'll always be my book boyfriend. He's mine. I love him and his lovable ways. Major swooning people. Lots of it.
    The book is so incredible and I could not put it down for a single second. But when I got to the ending. Feels. Lots and lots of feels got to me. I hated that twist, that cliffhanger. It was so heartbreaking and happy for certain people. And I was shocked. I couldn't believe any of it. It was all going smoothly but then BAM! There's all kinds of chaos!
   Go and read this!! Like now! You need Daemon in your life. I promise there won't be any regrets. It's such a beautiful piece of art. If you loved Obsidian and Onyx, then you'll love this one even more. And you should also read any of Jennifer's books. She writes the best romance novels EVER! Or if you are a sci-fi freak, then you'll like it too 'cause there are baddass sexy aliens involved.

5 Stars: Blew my mind :D :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...