Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #9

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, where we get to talk about upcoming releases that we're highly anticipating.

The Jewel by Amy Ewing

Release Date: September 2, 2014
Publisher: Harper Teen

Summary from Goodreads:

The Jewel means wealth. The Jewel means beauty. The Jewel means royalty. But for girls like Violet, the Jewel means servitude. Not just any kind of servitude. Violet, born and raised in the Marsh, has been trained as a surrogate for the royalty—because in the Jewel the only thing more important than opulence is offspring.

Purchased at the surrogacy auction by the Duchess of the Lake and greeted with a slap to the face, Violet (now known only as #197) quickly learns of the brutal

truths that lie beneath the Jewel’s glittering facade: the cruelty, backstabbing, and hidden violence that have become the royal way of life.

Violet must accept the ugly realities of her existence... and try to stay alive. But then a forbidden romance erupts between Violet and a handsome gentleman hired as a companion to the Duchess’s petulant niece. Though his presence makes life in the Jewel a bit brighter, the consequences of their illicit relationship will cost them both more than they bargained for.

Why I'm Waiting:

   This is one of the many books that made me want to go to BEA 2014 to get. I was so jealous when I saw pictures that people had gotten it. It sounds so freaking good. I mean "The Selection meets The Handmaid's Tale" really got my attention. I read The Selection series and I love them. I have a copy of The Handmaid's Tale that I got at my high school so I definitely know what it's about. And I think those two books make a great story line which I why I want it so badly.

Who comes up with the release dates? Ad why do they like to make us wait?
WHY?!!!

2 comments:

  1. I understand your frustration. This is up on Edelweiss, if you want to get it. I also am looking forward to this one as well. I enjoyed the Selection, so I'm hoping this one will be just as good.

    Grace @ Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks soo good! its a gorgeous cover and the idea is rally interesting. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...