Friday, February 20, 2015

Discussion: Book Buying Preferences

Discussion Time!

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”


Today's Topic Is:

What are you Book Buying Preferences?

   I personally love hardcovers and if I had the money, I would buy them over paperbacks. I honestly don't mind paperbacks but they get ripped and folded so easily. And the freaking corners start to open or bend. And hardcovers are so handy and can last for an eternity versus a paperback.

   The problem with hardcovers is that they are just too expensive ranging from $13 to $17. And with that money you could probably buy up to 3 books. I find that ridiculous. I only ever buy hardcovers when they are the price of paperbacks. Or when the paperbacks aren't being sold.

   Something I love about hardcovers is that sometimes you find them super pretty when you remove the dust cover jacket. Or the back of the jacket has some sort of cool poster. Why can't all hardcovers be like that?

   But the problem with hardcovers is that they take up way more space on shelves than paperbacks do. It's like you can't have it one way or another. They both have cons to them.

   What about e-books? We can't leave them behind. 

   I can't deny that I dislike e-books because it's not as fun as owning a physical copy. We can hold them and they have that smell when you barely buy it.

   They come in handy when you're going on vacation and you just can't take every single book you own. And so you can just take your reading tablet along with at least 1 physical book to have. That's what I always do.

   I also wanted to point out that mass-market paperbacks are the worst. I never buy them like EVER!! The spine cracks so easily and it's impossible to read them because it's hard to open them.


What do you guys think? What method do you prefer to buy? Leave a comment below with your thoughts.

3 comments:

  1. I definitely love hardcovers too! I agree with all your points, they're pricy and take up space but they're just so pretty to look at :D The only time I ever buy paperbacks is if the book I want can only be found in paperback.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love hardcovers and if I had the space to own just those, I totally would!! :) But I find it easier to just buy paperbacks to save money and space for more books :D

      Delete
  2. Interesting topic! If I had to choose, I'd pick trade paperbacks. They're not as heavy as hardcovers, but easier to read than mass market paperbacks. And you can't beat ebooks for the convenience!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...