Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday

   Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, where we get to talk about upcoming releases that we're highly anticipating.

This Week I Chose:

The Wrath and The Dawn by Renee Andieh

Release Date: May 12, 2015
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Series: The Wrath and The Dawn, #1
Genre:  Young Adult, Fantasy, Romamce
Pre-order Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository

Add To Goodreads

A sumptuous and epically told love story inspired by A Thousand and One Nights

Every dawn brings horror to a different family in a land ruled by a killer. Khalid, the eighteen-year-old Caliph of Khorasan, takes a new bride each night only to have her executed at sunrise. So it is a suspicious surprise when sixteen-year-old Shahrzad volunteers to marry Khalid. But she does so with a clever plan to stay alive and exact revenge on the Caliph for the murder of her best friend and countless other girls. Shazi's wit and will, indeed, get her through to the dawn that no others have seen, but with a catch . . . she’s falling in love with the very boy who killed her dearest friend.

She discovers that the murderous boy-king is not all that he seems and neither are the deaths of so many girls. Shazi is determined to uncover the reason for the murders and to break the cycle once and for all.

Why I'm Waiting:

  At first, I've just been seeing the cover all around. But it never really caught my attention. Then I read the summary from Goodreads and it just instantly caught my attention. I've never heard of anything like it. Maybe it sort of sounds like Cruel Beauty in a way. And I loved that novel.

   Also it has a king in it and that means ROYALTY!! I love books that have monarchies in them. I just love good fantasy stories. So here's to hoping that this turns out to be good :)


Have any of you heard of this title? Have you read it? Are you also anticipating it? Comment down below all thoughts about it!!

4 comments:

  1. The exact same thing happened to me! I saw this cover everywhere but glossed over the blurb but then I actually read it and wow it sounds amazing! I still have to read Cruel Beauty- I've heard what a beautiful and twisted story it is;)
    Fantasy books are awesome! And who doesn't love some good ol' kingdom drama?:P
    Great pick!
    Here's mine:) : http://anotheronceuponatime.blogspot.sg/2015/02/waiting-on-wednesday-passenger-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this around a lot lately and it's on my TBR. I enjoy re-telling tales and this seems to fit that perfectly. Definitely getting this on launch day.

    My WoW this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. The same happened to me. It was the summary that really drew my attention. Thanks for sharing!
    My WoW: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/02/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice! I'm quite excited for this one as well because it seems like such a marvelous story. I also really love the cover! Thank you for sharing. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...