Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday

   Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, where we get to talk about upcoming releases that we're highly anticipating.

This Week I Chose:

The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury

Release Date: February 24, 2015
Publisher: Scholastic
Series: The Sin Eater's Daughter, #1
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance
Pre-order Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository

Add To Goodreads

Seventeen-year-old Twylla lives in the castle. But although she’s engaged to the prince, Twylla isn’t exactly a member of the court.

She’s the executioner.

As the Goddess embodied, Twylla instantly kills anyone she touches. Each month she’s taken to the prison and forced to lay her hands on those accused of treason. No one will ever love a girl with murder in her veins. Even the prince, whose royal blood supposedly makes him immune to Twylla’s fatal touch, avoids her company.

But then a new guard arrives, a boy whose easy smile belies his deadly swordsmanship. And unlike the others, he’s able to look past Twylla’s executioner robes and see the girl, not the Goddess. Yet Twylla’s been promised to the prince, and knows what happens to people who cross the queen.

However, a treasonous secret is the least of Twylla’s problems. The queen has a plan to destroy her enemies, a plan that requires a stomach-churning, unthinkable sacrifice. Will Twylla do what it takes to protect her kingdom? Or will she abandon her duty in favor of a doomed love?

Why I'm Waiting:


   I absolutely love that cover!! And the summary is as intriguing as well. 

   I love fantasy novels so hopefully this will be awesome because I would love to have it on my shelves. I've been hearing so maybe people covet it and say how it's really amazing. So that makes me extra excited for it!!

Have any of you heard of this title? Have you read it? Are you also anticipating it? Comment down below all thoughts about it!!

8 comments:

  1. I'm waiting for The Sin Eater's Daughter too. The wait is almost over now, finally. :)

    My WoW this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. I most definitely agree! I've been dying to read this book, and I have read some fabulous reviews which only make me want to read it more. Excellent choice this week.

    Monique @ Mo_Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read this! Thank goodness the wait it almost over :D Hope we both love it, great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard plenty of people say how wonderful it is as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cover is absolutely freaking gorgeous! And the story sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/02/waiting-on-wednesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice. I've been seeing this one around quite a lot so everyone must be pretty excited for it! Thanks for sharing. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...