Friday, February 6, 2015

DNF REVIEW: Dream A Little Dream by Kerstin Gier

Dream A Little Dream by Kirsten Gier

Release Date: April 14, 2015
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co. (BYR) 
Format: ARC, 319 pages
Source: Won
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance
Series: The Silver Trilogy, #1

Add To Goodreads


Mysterious doors with lizard-head knobs. Talking stone statues. A crazy girl with a hatchet. Yep, Liv’s dreams have been pretty weird lately. Especially this one where she’s in a graveyard at night, watching four boys perform dark magic rituals. 

The really weird thing is that Liv recognizes the boys in her dream. They’re classmates from her new school in London, the school where’s she’s starting over because her mom has moved them to a new country (again). But they seem to know things about her in real life that they couldn’t possibly know, which is mystifying. Then again, Liv could never resist a good
mystery. . . .

*I received an advance reading copy in an exchange for an honest review.*


   I will be honest with you all, I was up to page 74 when I realized that I wasn't really enjoying this book. I actually left this book for like 10 days to go read another book that I did love. And then I read an amazing review of this novel that was sort of a spoilery review. It kind of broke it down and explained things to me and made it clearer. That made the book seem all the more interesting that made me keep going.

   The only reason why I wanted to read this was because I've heard how people loved Kerstin Gier's Ruby Red Trilogy and how amazing it was. So I sort of wanted to try Dream A Little Dream out and see how it would go for me.

   Except the pacing of the book was just so slow and displeasing. And I just didn't know whether to keep going or not.

   It all revolves around the main character Liv having a bizarre dream about four boys having a sort of ritual and calling this mysterious unrevealed person. And when she wakes up, the four same boys know things about her that they shouldn't. Because it was just a dream, right? And then she's connecting it back to a sweater that was lent to her by one of the boys. And the reason as to why they needed her.

  It just got to the point where it was just making me tired of the book. And just making me have a reading slump. I just could not keep going, unfortunately, and so I did not finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...