Monday, April 27, 2015

Booking Into Spring Readathon Goals & Mini Challenges

I had so much fun with Dewey's Readathon on Saturday so why not join another why? And it's helping me finish my ARC TBR since a lot of them are releasing in May and June. I plan to read three print arcs that I have!!


My Goals:



My Progress:

I will keep updating this post with my reading each day!

April 26:
Reading: The Wrath and The Dawn
Pages Read: 40
Books completed today: None

April 30:
Reading: The Wrath and The Dawn
Pages Read: pg. 40-62
Books completed today: None

May 1:
Reading: The Wrath and The Dawn
Pages Read: pg. 62-114
Books completed today: None

Total books read for #bisreadathon: None <<< :'(

Total pages read for #bisreadathon: 114

Final Verdict: I failed at this readathon!! But the Twitter chats and mini challenges were fun!!




MINI-CHALLENGE #1: SCATTEGORIES

   The first readathon mini challenge is called Scattergories. A game where a certain letter is chosen After the letter is chosen, there are book-related categories and we try to find a book to fit the letter in that certain category.

Round 1: L

Contemporary/Romance Novel: 

Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles


A Book You Never Wanted to End: 

Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead


A Book with a Blue Cover:

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold


A Book on Your TBR: 

Legend by Marie Lu


A Book That Made You Cry: N/A


Round 2: B

A Favorite Dystopian Read: 

Blood Kissed Sky by J.A. London


A Book with a Heart on it: 

Boomerang by Noelle August


A Book Cover You Love: 

Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater


A Book Everyone Loved, but You Didn’t: 

Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer


A Book Your Friend Wants You to Read: 

Between The Lines by Jodie Picoult & Samantha Van Leer

   That was harder than I thought it would be. I couldn't even find one book for books that made me cry. I don't really cry a lot. There's only been like four books. I guess I need to start picking up Colleen Hoover's books since I hear everyone cries with her books.



MINI-CHALLENGE #2: Name It!

   There will be a category and all then I have list books in that particular category. But the hard part, I only get to use books that spell out my name!

Category: Books You’re Excited to Read (Can either be released or not yet released)

The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson

A Thousand Nights by E. K. Johnston

Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins

Immaculate by Katelyn Detweiler

The Night We Said Yes by Lauren Gibaldi

A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray


4 comments:

  1. I'm reading Illusionarium now! I'm about 13% in so far and it's really interesting! I can't wait until The Wrath and The Dawn releases, it sounds so amazing :)

    Good luck on your goals and thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I hope I love it since the summary is very vague!

      Delete
  2. Legend is also on my TBR. I have to get to it soon. I have heard many things about.
    Eduardo @ BoomingBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a paperback but my version is meant for the school market so I want to get the original one in case they censored it or something :/

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...