Saturday, April 11, 2015

REVIEW: Just One Drop by Quinn Loftis

Just One Drop by Quinn Loftis

Publication Date: February 4, 2012
Format: E-book, 239 pages
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance
Series: The Grey Wolves, #3
Buy Links: Amazon | Barnes and Noble | Book Depository

Add To Goodreads


Jennifer Adams, best friend to Jacque Pierce and Sally Morgan, spicy, out spoken, a little crazy and human...or so she thought. Jen has just found out that human DNA is not the only thing that resides in her veins, she happens to share that little pesky werewolf gene, although it isn't more than just a drop. Now that she and her friends are living in Romania with Fane's pack, she is also oh so conveniently stuck with the object of her affection, the fur ball Decebel. Drawn to each other by something they don't understand Jen finds herself frustrated by the lack of mating signs between her and said fur ball. Not only is she dealing with that not so un-frustrating problem, she now has been informed that because of that little drop of werewolf blood in her she is now required to attended a multi-pack gathering for un-mated wolves. This type of gathering hasn't taken place in over a century but with a shortage of females among the werewolf population the males are getting worried they won't ever find their true mates. Meanwhile Decebel struggles with the emotions he is feeling towards Jen. He tries to keep his distance but there is just something about the mouthy blonde that keeps him coming back for more of her verbal abuse that he just can't seem to get enough of...go figure.



   This is such a sweet addition to the Grey Wolves series. Never did I think I would come to love Jennifer and Decebel's story as much as I did Jacque and Fane's.

   Just One Drop is a companion novel and the third book in the series. It's not necessary to read the first two books but this will be a much sweeter experience to those who've read the previous books because you get to see how Jennifer met Decebel. At first, I didn't think I would like that it wasn't going to be continuing the story from Jacque's point of view. But I ended up enjoying this thoroughly. I also loved this coupling even more.

   Jennifer and Decebel have come to be very drawn and attracted to each other. Decebel tries to stay away but he finds that impossible to do. But there are no mate marks on each other. This complicates matters much worse as the alphas have decided to hold a gathering for unmated werewolves to meet and mingle. And trouble comes when you put unmated wolves in a single room!!

   This was so bittersweet especially with that cliffhanger of an ending!! And just when things between Decebel and Jennifer were heating up. A lot of crazy things happened. There's a betrayal that you won't see coming. A dark spell cursing one of the wolves. There's also jealousies as expected from the gathering. And Jennifer's humor that knows no end. It will leave the reader yearning for the next installment in the series.

   Overall, it was very enjoyable to see Decebel and Jennifer's relationship grow. But it was very predictable. Not the ending. I won't say what because it would spoil the story. But you'll know. Regardless of this, I still found it very entertaining to read. And it will make you want to read the next book because of the big bang at the end!!

   If you loved the first two books, then you won't want to miss this one. I can assure you, it is not a disappointment.


4 Hearts: A Great Read!


2 comments:

  1. Glad that you were able to enjoy this one, Karina! Not a fan of wolf clans and such, but you do make it sound interesting enough. I'm interested to know what will happen if you do put unmated wolves in a single room... I imagine there would be some... chaos :P

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm rarely into werewolf stories either but I found this series very appealing :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...