Thursday, January 1, 2015

Introducing TBR Thursday

   I've had this idea for a while now and I wanted to have my own thing for my blog. So why the hell not? And yeah, I know that there is already a meme called like this but it's not the same thing. I do Stacking The Shelves but that is a meme of the books you recently get. But I created this so that it could help me cross off all the unread books that I own; and that are already released. Because my real TBR on Goodreads consists of books that haven't come out yet.

   TBR Thursday will be on the first Thursday of every month. I want to showcase all the books that have been on my "to be read" pile for a while now. I have paperbacks and e-books but my primary focus will be paperbacks. What I will do is I will
post the books that I will read for that month. Then on the last Thursday, there will be a wrap up post to see how it went and my reviews of the books that I did read.

   I own 46 paperbacks that I have not read. There are more but those are repeats or sequels (Don't ask why I have sequels); or books I'm genuinely not interested in anymore.


   That's a lot of books to read for one month. Right now I'm just showing all the books that I will attempt to read before the year ends. And I haven't picked which I will read or how many. I need time to decide so I will probably post that tomorrow.

   If you love this idea and decide to join in, I'd love to see your post. You can leave the link in the comments.

2 comments:

  1. Thats a fantastic idea!! My old books could definitely use some love too.
    Good luck with your TBR Thursday :)
    Aneta @ Angelic Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I think we readers all have these problem so I thought this is exactly what I needed :D

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...