Wednesday, January 28, 2015

{Waiting On Wednesday} The Stars Never Rise by Rachel Vincent

   Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, where we get to talk about upcoming releases that we're highly anticipating.

This Week I Chose:

The Stars Never Rise by Rachel Vincent

Release Date: June 9, 2015
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal
Pre-order Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository

Add To Goodreads

Sixteen-year-old Nina Kane should be worrying about her immortal soul, but she's too busy trying to actually survive. Her town's population has been decimated by soul-consuming demons, and souls are in short supply. Watching over her younger sister, Mellie, and scraping together food and money are all that matters. The two of them are a family. They gave up on their deadbeat mom a long time ago.

When Nina discovers that Mellie is keeping a secret that threatens their very existence, she'll do anything to protect her. Because in New Temperance, sins are prosecuted as crimes by the brutal Church and its army of black-robed exorcists. And Mellie's sin has put her in serious trouble.

To keep them both alive, Nina will need to trust Finn, a fugitive with deep green eyes who has already saved her life once and who might just be an exorcist. But what kind of exorcist wears a hoodie?

Wanted by the Church and hunted by dark forces, Nina knows she can't survive on her own. She needs Finn and his group of rogue friends just as much as they need her.


Why I'm Waiting:

      That cover!!! It's so pretty!! And I loved the synopsis of the book. It just left me intrigued and wanting to read it. It's sounds unlike any other book I've read. And I love when books have demons in them so I'm really excited to get my hands on this title. Also I've never read anything by Rachel Vincent but I heard good things about her other books.

   I think I've said this a bunch of times in my WoW's but I'm hoping the publisher will have some ARCS at their booth at ALA Midwinter since I will be attending the exhibit!!


20 comments:

  1. That cover is so pretty :] and it sounds very good too

    Good pick :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cover. Haven't read anything by Rachel Vincent yet. Might just check it out.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither but I've been wanting to read her Soul Screamers series :)

      Delete
  3. I would pick this one up. The cover is beautiful, and the story sounds intriguing. My poor TBR pile.

    My WoW this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds interesting. The cover is pretty, and I like the whole sounds and demons premise.

    My Waiting on Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I thought when I found it :)

      Delete
  5. Loving the list. This author is pretty popular. :D
    I also loved how you put your list this week.

    My waiting on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful cover!!! I've read some of her books before and I wasn't a huge fan, so hopefully this book will change my opinion when I read it. Great choice.
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! That's a bummer. Hope you like it when you get the chance to read it :)

      Delete
  7. I've got an egalley of this, which I'll get around to reading closer to the pub date. Great pick this week!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've wanted to read her soul screamers series as well, but this one sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I think I'm way more interested in this one.

      Delete
  9. Oh hey, I chose this book too this week :P
    I absolutely adore Rachel Vincent, so I seriously cannot wait.
    Plus, that cover :O

    My pick: The Stars Never Rise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome!! And I'm excited to finally read one of her books.

      Delete
  10. Never read books by Rachel Vincent either, but the cover is so beautiful, I might check it out this summer!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...