Saturday, January 24, 2015

Review: Original Sin by Lisa Desrochers

Original Sin by Lisa Desrochers

Publication Date: July 5, 2011
Publisher: Tor Teen
Format: Paperback, 398 pages
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal, Romance
Series: Personal Demons, #2
Buy Links: Amazon | Barnes and Noble | Book Depository

Add To Goodreads

Luc Cain was born and raised in Hell, but he isn’t feeling as demonic as usual lately—thanks to Frannie Cavanaugh and the unique power she never realized she had. But you can’t desert Hell without consequences, and suddenly Frannie and Luc find themselves targeted by the same demons who used to be Luc’s allies. 
Left with few options, Frannie and Luc accept the protection of Heaven and one of its most powerful angels, Gabe. Unfortunately, Luc isn’t the only one affected by Frannie, and it isn’t long before Gabe realizes that being around her is too…tempting. Rather than risk losing his wings, he leaves Frannie and Luc under the protection of her recently-acquired guardian
angel. 
Which would be fine, but Gabe is barely out the door before an assortment of demons appears—and they’re not leaving without dragging Luc back to Hell with them. Hell won’t give up and Heaven won’t give in. Frannie’s guardian exercises all the power he has to keep them away, but the demons are willing to hurt anyone close to Frannie in order to get what they want. It will take everything she has and then some to stay out of Hell’s grasp.
And not everyone will get out of it alive.

My Review:

   NOTE: This is a second book in a series. I advice you to check out my review of the first book (click here).

   Pure genius!! It's one of the most marvelous sequels in book series' that I have ever read. It brings out all the emotions. There were tears, happiness, and laughter. But overall, it will make you want the third book in a heartbeat.

   I actually read this book in one sitting because I NEEDED to know what was going to happen! It was a super quick read. There are just so many twists and turns that keep you guessing 'til the last page. And there was such a shocking scene that was too much. It had me bawling my eyes out!! It was frustrating. It made me want to toss the book to the wall. But I don't do that to my books.

   I did enjoy reading about Frannie, Luc, and Gabe again.

   Frannie has come a long way since the first book and she continues to be a favorite main character of mine. Luc is still sexy as hell but I wanted to throttle him. And he just made things complicated. But I know that he is not to be completely blamed. But still. And then there is Gabe, the sophisticated protector and sexy too.

   We meet a new character named Lilith and I didn't like her one bit. And I knew she was going to be a problem. Her act of innocence was not something I believed. And I'm sure maybe most of you will figure out who she is because of *cough* her name *cough.*

   The ending is such a big cliffhanger. I was just glad that the third and sadly, final book in the series was already out. Because I needed it so bad. It's just completely madness and addictive. You'll definitely want to give this a go!!

5 Stars: Out of This World!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...